• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Thanks but still need more advice.

ninche

Registered Users (C)
Thanks,
My husband is the primary applicant.Myself am the benefeciary.At the IOM we were told that those people who are HIV positive have to go TB test and it hast to be 8 weeks coz they are doing culture.Infact to myside my xray was good even the doctor said so but they insisted that its there rule for people who are HIV to undergo that test which takes 8 weeks.Since I was positive in the yr 2005..I have never been attache by Tb or have any Tb symptoms I even gave them my medical report but they insisted.I guess its away they are doing business coz the test its self they charge very expensive.Now they have made my report to delay so am worried if I may ever succeed.Hope you got me that in the first place when we went for interview they said they are not interviewing me since my medicals were not ready.And they did the interview to my hubb alone and he was to collect his visa 2nd of september bt they again changed later and called us again for fresh interview of which we are supposed to go on 8th.So am worried if we are going to pay fee interview again or how is it going to happen.Will they give us visa or deny both of us.Please advice what we should do.i really feel am messed up this the second round am trying green card.Last time the medical also delayed and the HIV ban was not lifted by then na they denied me and my husband a visa that we married for the purpose of immigration.Now again we have applied we have won and here is the mess of medicals again.That was my first thread. Now we went for interview on 8th wedsday the consular officer asked my husband if he wants to travel with me.He said.They asked me My ID card..I gave him..then he said my husband to go for his visa on monday 2pm and with me if i get the medicals before 30th of september I can for mine.Now that my results will not be ready by then..I will miss my visa.Is there anything my husband will do so that I can follow later?Please advice.

Ninche, great that your husband was given the visa. Is there anyway that you can go to the clinic you gave culture and communicate with them if there is a way to report your culture results earlier before September 30? If that can't be done, your only choice will be for your husband to go alone and then take you to US after some years. This is definitely possible and you shouldn't worry about it. I don't know exactly how long you have to wait before he would be able to take you out. I have heard that sometimes this may be as short as two years and sometimes about five years. Good luck.