Thank f*ck for that. Approved wac02042.

SickOfWait

Registered Users (C)
Just checked the AVM and I'm approved after a 16 month nightmare.

The website has not been updated yet.

WAC-02-042-*****

RD: Oct 16 2001.
ND: Nov 19 2001
FP: LA Jan 2002
RFE (pay stubs, employment verification, w2s): Nov 2002, received Dec 16th 2002.
Approved: Feb 13th 2003.

This process has been truly horrible and I'd say to anybody else thinking of trying it: go home now, America's good, but it ain't that good. I don't mean that, but this whole process has scared me.

Good luck to everyone who's waiting, I know your pain.....

p.s. I've had a few celebratory beers so you might want to ignore everything I say.

thanks for the congrats guys. Anyone who say's it's an anti climax getting approved clearly hasn't drunk enough beer, it's f*cking great.

Dan,

I didn't use AC21, but I certainly thought about it. I wouldn't do it, unless you're absolutely desparate. The INS keeps changing their stance on AC21, and they don't like giving out GCs at the moment, so they'll use any excuse to deny you. If you've been laid off, then you haven't got a lot of choice, but if you're still with your petitioning employer, stick it out. Also, you're almost guaranteed an employment verification RFE these days, so you won't get away with it.

Re: Silly Man come in...

Originally posted by the_card
Silly Man, did you have any RFE so far? Me no RFE...

Nope. No RFE yet, I've been trying to get thru to INS, but you know how that goes, and the last time I got a chance to talk my case wasn't even assigned yet. I've filed for EAD renewal though.

Whats your FP location?

SickOfWait,

Terrific news! :) Well here's to a new lease on life! Cheers! :)

Though you are right in saying this process scars and scares you. I am definitely not advising people to come to this country any more. The politics are turning draconian, the freedom for all is turning to be one big joke, and facing up with INS has become a mental challange.