test ignore

NIW processing

Hi J1victim, kidsdoc:

I will be completing 2 years H-1B (J-1 waiver in a HPSA)with my current employer in september 2004. I know i have delayed things; is it too late to file for NIW at this point? I've got my I-140 stuff together, including the amended contract and letter from IGA, but I'm still wondering whether to go with AOS v/s CP. A friend of mine got his CP done 4 years ago, but that was LC not NIW. Would that make a difference?
Also, my wife is doing a simulataneous waiver and is going through LC with her employer. Since we put one another as dependents on our respective applications, do we need to mention "yes" for part 4 #6 on I-140( 'has an immigrant visa petition ever been filed by or on behalf of this person'), and if so what should be the explanation?
Thanx for your help; (Indeed, I've at least gotten this far, thanx to your do it yourself guide!)

Rule no 1: never post your message in an unrelated thread. start a new thread if in doubt.

now back to ur Qs:
jupiturn said:
I know i have delayed things; is it too late to file for NIW at this point? I've got my I-140 stuff together, including the amended contract and letter from IGA, but I'm still wondering whether to go with AOS v/s CP.

>>>> It's NEVER too late. for NIW: u should write AOS. (for Labor cert: u should use CP if there are no issues for your travel outside USA).

jupiturn said:
...... my wife is doing a simulataneous waiver and is going through LC with her employer. Since we put one another as dependents on our respective applications, do we need to mention "yes" for part 4 #6 on I-140( 'has an immigrant visa petition ever been filed by or on behalf of this person'), and if so what should be the explanation?
Thanx for your help;

>>>> that is good planning.
For yes/no answer: if labor cert is filed/approved - write NO
if I-140 (under any category) has been filed already - write YES

u can write something like this:

I-140, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER FILED ON BEHALF OF xxxxxxxxxxxx ON xxxxx AND PENDING/APPROVED ON XXXXXXXXX BY THE
XXXXXXXXX SERVICE CENTER.

jupiturn said:
Thanx for your help; (Indeed, I've at least gotten this far, thanx to your do it yourself guide!)

>>>> u r welcome. we try to help each other

Disclaimer: personal opinion only.