Temporary public assistant grounds for denial?

It depends on what type and under what circumstances,
Were you in the country( entered) legally

Some programs do not ask about immigration sttaus such as pre-natal programs for pregnant immigrants legal or non legal,

So it really depends on the type of assistance and how long you received it, I would mention it if it was for any length of time and if there is a possibility of there being a record of it. If you had to Apply for it.

You can always address it at the interview.

My wife receive Medical for her Pre-natal care before we applied for her AOS,
At thats tiome she was not on my insurance.

We checked YES on the questions of From I-485 which I am assuming this is what you are referencing, And then we attached an explanation sheet to the Question about public assistance. In the explanation we were forward about what benefits we recieved and under what circumstances we received them , It really depends on your individual case.

Addie_Goodvibes said:
It depends on what type and under what circumstances,
Were you in the country( entered) legally

Some programs do not ask about immigration sttaus such as pre-natal programs for pregnant immigrants legal or non legal,

So it really depends on the type of assistance and how long you received it, I would mention it if it was for any length of time and if there is a possibility of there being a record of it. If you had to Apply for it.

You can always address it at the interview.

My wife receive Medical for her Pre-natal care before we applied for her AOS,
At thats tiome she was not on my insurance.

We checked YES on the questions of From I-485 which I am assuming this is what you are referencing, And then we attached an explanation sheet to the Question about public assistance. In the explanation we were forward about what benefits we recieved and under what circumstances we received them , It really depends on your individual case.

well my wife is the one that benefits from the public assistant, but i'm the payee, when we went they said i have to but it in my name because she is only 19. so the benefit card is in my name but my wife's ss# in on the file.

kenneilsmith said:
well my wife is the one that benefits from the public assistant, but i'm the payee, when we went they said i have to but it in my name because she is only 19. so the benefit card is in my name but my wife's ss# in on the file.

Ok so if I am understanding this correctly: Your wife the USC received Public Assistance? Then I would not mention it, if it comes up in the interview explain what you just explained here.
Do not volunteer that info since it was the USC receiving the Public assisatnce the answer on I485 is NO, since I-485 is info about the immigrant AOS Applicant not USC.

Addie_Goodvibes said:
Ok so if I am understanding this correctly: Your wife the USC received Public Assistance? Then I would not mention it, if it comes up in the interview explain what you just explained here.
Do not volunteer that info since it was the USC receiving the Public assisatnce the answer on I485 is NO, since I-485 is info about the immigrant AOS Applicant not USC.

Thank you Addie