Temporary order of protection against my wife. Due on July 19th PLEASE HELP

samsori81

Hello,

My wife and I have been married for about a year. She came here on a B visa about two years ago. We apply to adjust her status about 3 months after getting married and everything went well until we had a fight in public and were both arrested.

After spending a weekend under arrest, we each saw a judge. We were both giving temporary limited order of protection (which states we can be around each other, but should not fight or hurt each other) until our second court date ( a month later)

After my second court date, my case was closed and sealed and the temp limited order of protection dismissed.

Unfortunately for my wife, her case was extended for a whole year and the limited order of protection still stands. The deal was that her case would be closed and seal and the temp limited order of protection removed if she was out of trouble for that year.

In the middle of all this going on, we had our immigration interview to proof that our marriage was real. The immigration person was satisfied and told us she would submit our case for approval.

After waiting the 60 days for the case to be approved, we were contacted by the immigration person who saw our case. She requested that we submit a document that states that the temp limited OP was dismissed against my wife.

I've tried to contact the court and district attorney to get the order dismissed but have had no luck.

The immigration person gave us until July 19th to bring her this document or she will have to denied the case.

Please Help! What should we do?

Your first mistake is thinking that the county gives a damn about your wifes immigration problem, so they are not going to bend over backwards to help her.

You show up at the interview and tell them that you can not provide the information they requested and why. Having a protector order against you, is not a crime, you can not be deported for that. Violating the order is a crime that can get you deported. Even if the case is sealed, you still have to tell USCIS about it. So her paperwork gets denied, you can always re-submit or appeal it, that would drag it out for a very long time, by then your wife should be able to submit the requested documents.

Hello,

My wife and I have been married for about a year. She came here on a B visa about two years ago. We apply to adjust her status about 3 months after getting married and everything went well until we had a fight in public and were both arrested.

After spending a weekend under arrest, we each saw a judge. We were both giving temporary limited order of protection (which states we can be around each other, but should not fight or hurt each other) until our second court date ( a month later)

After my second court date, my case was closed and sealed and the temp limited order of protection dismissed.

Unfortunately for my wife, her case was extended for a whole year and the limited order of protection still stands. The deal was that her case would be closed and seal and the temp limited order of protection removed if she was out of trouble for that year.

In the middle of all this going on, we had our immigration interview to proof that our marriage was real. The immigration person was satisfied and told us she would submit our case for approval.

After waiting the 60 days for the case to be approved, we were contacted by the immigration person who saw our case. She requested that we submit a document that states that the temp limited OP was dismissed against my wife.

I've tried to contact the court and district attorney to get the order dismissed but have had no luck.

The immigration person gave us until July 19th to bring her this document or she will have to denied the case.

Please Help! What should we do?