Temporary EAD at INS, Newark

raki

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

My wife and I applied for renewal of EAD at VSC

INS RD 06/21/2000
INS ND 06/27/2000

On July 22, 2000 the message changed to application was approved. My wife received the EAD on Aug 2.

Unfortunatley on Aug 10 they issued a RFE on my application about photos.

RFE reply on Aug 15, 2000. INS recieved it as per their message on Aug 21, 2000. On Sep 5, 2000 the message changed to "application was approved"

Till now i did not get the EAD card, my old one is expiring on Sep 28, 2000. Today when i called IIO she told me that the card will be printed on tommorrow or day after and will be mailed to me after wards.

When i pressesd for some thing she gave me 888 number for my employer to call and verify that my EAD is on the way so that i can stay on the payroll.

I am thinking of going to INS, Newark to try to get a temporary EAD.

Any body has similar experience. Did any body receive a temporary EAD at Newark? Please give me the procedure.

Can anybody give me the address and directions to Newark office? Any parkig garrages nearby?

Hoping and Praying that i will receive the EAD before the expiration date.

Any input appreciated.

Raki

No Title

Hi:

Do not worry! I was in the same situation. It takes about 2 weeks (max) from the time you hear the "You are approved....". And also if your date was overshot (that is you get your EAD after the 28th) the new EAD will come predated effective Sep 29th.

And if you got it earlier before 28th; it will post dated to the 29th when the old one xpires. So you are covered in any case. So do not worry.

--Mango

No Title

Thank you Mangoboy

Today i am pleasently surprised to find the EAD in my Post box. Thank god it arrived before the expiry date.

Looks like INS systems are not in sync and the enquiry system on which IIO\'s work is not in sync with the actual system on whihch cards are produced

Any way i am relieved to get the card

Raki