TD Visa stamping in India

prasad12

Hi there,

I am trying to check the VFS websites for TD Visa Stamping information. I could only find Dependent Visa information on H4/L2 etc but not on TD visa.

Could some one let me know if TD visa can be issued in any of the Indian US consulates for my wife (Indian Citizen with out having any kind of Canadian Visa)?

If so, do I need to take any appointment directly with US Consulate or VFS office?

Quick response is much appreciated.

Thanks
P

Hi there,

Could some one let me know if TD visa can be issued in any of the Indian US consulates for my wife (Indian Citizen with out having any kind of Canadian Visa)?

-- Yes

If so, do I need to take any appointment directly with US Consulate or VFS office?

-- The VFS office will advise you /give you the necessary information.

Hi

Could you please let me know how the TD visa issue process went? I am also sponsoring my wife on H4 and I am a Canadian citizen in US.

Thank you

The process in India to get TD is similar to getting any other Non-immigrant (B1/B2) visa stamped. You will need to get an appointment thru VFS web-site and then your wife needs to go attend the interview.
And you will need to provide copy of your I-94 and TN stamp along with all the relevant documents(your job letter, etc).

Appointments should be available at any of the consulates nowadays, they made some changes to this regard recently, but needs to be confirmed with VFS.

Thank you. Would you consider the same being for H4 as well. I am a Canadian citizen with an OCI on H1B in US and would therefore be sponsoring my wife on H4. Since she has no Canadian visa or PR, would it pose a problem?

Thank you