Tax Transcripts

BKS

Registered Users (C)
I got my Tax transcripts from IRS which was about 14 pages of screen printouts. Are these the right documents.

Thanks in advance

BKS

tax transcript

I am missing some W2s and called the 800 IRS number and requested Tax transcripts AND Accounts to be sent. To BKS\'s question what are the required tax documents? anybody...

The tax transcripts (TT) are computer versions of your 1040\'s...

i.e., they contain the same data that was on your 1040 return. In addition to the tax transcripts also obtain the transaction report \'cos that will show the amounts you have actually paid/received. Yes, the TT\'s are typically on plain paper, some of my copies have a US Treasury logo on the top left.

No Title

BKS, Ogre and Skarekat,

How long does it take to receive the Tax transacripts?

How do we order and what do we order?

Thanks in advance

What exactly we need to show for Tax Returns

I got an email from Consulate saying i need to bring past 3 year tax returns. What exactly we need to take. I have 1040 forms for the past three years. I do not have W2 forms for some year. What exactly do we need to take. Where do we get this (Hopefully IRS). How do we get this. Do we need to goto IRS office Or do we need to call any 800 number or do what?

Shall I just tell them i need proof of my tax returns for the past three years? What do we need to ask for in the IRS office?

Answer on how to?

Tax transcripts are issued by IRS and is summary of your tax return (usually for last 3 years). You can call 1-800-829-1040 and request for the same. I got mine within a week.

W2s

To add to acehart\'s comments- you can get copies of your W2s from your HR dept. I think, it is agood idea to carry W2s too alongwith your Tax Transcripts (which you can get by calling the 800 number).
good luck!

No Title

There are several options that the Automated System presents when you try to order the Tax Transcripts once you get to the Tax Transcript Ordering Menu.

Which option should we choose?

I don\'t remember, but go in for the option that mails you...

both the transcripts and transaction report.

Options..

800-829-1040
Option 2
option 1
SSN
Address digits
option 1
option 4 - for both account and return transcripts.

No Title

Thanks for the info.

Another question is the system says to order the same type of transcripts for another year press 2. And when I press 2 and enter another year say 1999, it responds saying your Tax transcripts for the year 1999 will be mailed in 10-15 days. It does not say anything about the previously entered 2000 year. Is it OK and will it send both? Thanks in advance.

Tax.

1) What is required for CP?

When u do not have prev W2\'s and if u cannot obtain them...so r we all saying that Tax Transcripts and Tax Transaction report is sufficient?

2) Obtaining Tax info using the 1800 number?

Yes. Call up the automated 800 number as indicated in the prev messahes and order for Tracscripts and *Accounts*...You have to do one year at a time...I recd the transcripts within a week - havent got the transaction/Account statements...R they separate documents?

Frankly, if you have your W-2\'s carry them, else...

my **personal opinion** is that tax transcripts and transaction report should be good enough \'cos they just want some proof from the IRS that you\'ve been paying your tax dues regularly at least for the past 3 years.

How important is transaction report?

I already have the tax transcripts.
Is transaction report also essential?
Thanks
MJ1