Tax Transcript Help

monty2

Registered Users (C)
Hi CP Gurus,

I have copy of all the tax returns I have filled for last three years. Do I still need to get the transcripts from IRS or will my copy do?

Please help …

Thanks a lot!

Monty

Monty,
Though I'm not a CP guru, still I would mention collect the tax transcript - it's available free of cost.I'll taking them with my tax returns while appearing for interview.My common sense says,tax transcript is more authenticated docs than tax returns - as the later is a prepared by u or by ur tax-consultant and the former is directly from IRS itself.
For tax transcript, call 1-800-829-1040 - it's automated service and pretty simple too. They will send ur transcripts within 10-15 days.
cheers!!
Ranen

Tax transcript is what is required. That is considered adequate proof of income( along with employment letter) and a proof that you dont require a sailing permit as your taxes are paid.

Monty call IRS on the number given by Ranen. It will take around a week and you will get your tax transcript. Better save then sorry. Remember CP mean more paper work.

:D

Cheers,
Bapa:D

Thanks Ranen and Bapa! I am learning “Remember CP mean more paper work” as I am trying to put documents together.

I and my wife have filled joint tax returns. Hope I don’t have to get separate copy for her….

Thanks!
Monty

Monty,
I think u don't need seperate - I'm doing the same. Bapa, r u doing the same ?
Best of luck!!
cheers!!
Ranen

Bapa,
By the way, what's the proof that I don't need sailing permit ? Please explain how to get that. I've read sailing permit section of www.immihelp.com - r u telling the same ? But accord to them IRS people need return ticket to issue that.
cheers!!
Ranen