Tax Transcript for Affidavit of Support

imst6

Registered Users (C)
I have called the IRS requesting tax transcript and received something yesterday. But I am not sure this is the one. Can anyone please verify this is indeed the transcript? I need this for the Affidavit of support.

The paper they sent was printed on white paper without any title like IRS. No seal, no stamp. Only listing SSN, and the details of tax return like gross income, #of exemptions, etc.

Is this the official transcript? Or am I missing something? I did ask for tax transcript or should I ask for photocopy of tax return for the Affidavit of support? Thanks.

What number did you call to get the transcripts? How many years did you request the transcripts for? Was there a cost associated with it?

Please ignore my previous post. In case if anyone else needs this info, Transcripts Request may be made by calling 1-800-829-1040. IRS do not charge a fee for transcripts. You need to allow two weeks for delivery.

imst6 said:
I have called the IRS requesting tax transcript and received something yesterday. But I am not sure this is the one. Can anyone please verify this is indeed the transcript? I need this for the Affidavit of support.

The paper they sent was printed on white paper without any title like IRS. No seal, no stamp. Only listing SSN, and the details of tax return like gross income, #of exemptions, etc.

Is this the official transcript? Or am I missing something? I did ask for tax transcript or should I ask for photocopy of tax return for the Affidavit of support? Thanks.

That's what I got as well.
And that's all you need, no photocopies are needed.

That is what the tax transcript looks like. The detailed line items printed are in itself the verification of the document.

Thanks for the replies. I am still puzzled. Because yesterday we received the transcript for my husband. It's in a totally different format. To make it visual for you to understand the difference, I write below how both look like with fake data.

===================================
The one for my husband:
This product contains sensitive taxpayer data
Requested Date: 06-20-2006​
Response Date: 06-20-2006​
Tracking Number: 100099999​
Tax Return Transcript​
SSN Provided: 123-45-6789​
Tax Period Ending: Dec. 31, 2003​
SSN: 123-45-6789​
SPOUSE SSN: 987-65-4321​
NAME(S) SHOWN ON RETURN: my husband's NAME
ADDRESS: 1234 Main Street
LOS ANGELES, CA 9000

FILING STATUS: Married filing Separate
FORM NUMBER: 1040
Exemption Number: 1
Dependent 1 Name: last_name of dependent
Dependent SSN: 666-66-6666
Income
Wages, Salaries, Tips, ETC:
Taxalbel Interest Income, SCH B:
Adjustments to Income
Educator Expenses
Tax and Credits
65-OR-Over
BLIND
Other Taxes
SE TAX:
SE TAX Per Computer
Payments
Fedreal Income Tax Withheld
Estimated Tax payments
Refund or Amount Owed
Amount your owe:
Applied to Text Year's Estimated Tax
Estimated Tax Penalty
Third Party Designee
Thir party Designee ID number
Itemized Decutions
Medical/Dental

The one for me:
Page 1 of 4 for 987-65-4321 (husband'sSSN)​

987-65-4321 40200509 R1 MyLastname SP SSN: 123-45-6789 F1040 1 of 7

FILING STATUS: Married filing separte
THIRD PRTY IND: 0
EXEMPTIONS: 01
PER RETURN
LN 7 WAGES | 99,999
LN 8a TAXABLE INTEREST: SCH B | 100
LN 8B TAX-EXEMPT INTEREST | 0
LN 9a ORDINARY DEVIDNE INCOME: SCHLB | 0

LN 12 BUSINESS INCOME OR LOSS:SCHL C |
LN 13 CAPITAL GAINS OR LOSS: SCHL D |

The questions is whether both are indeed the official Tax Return transcript although in different formats. My doenst' even with my full name on it, only my SSN and last name. I notied that my husband's was from INS Memphis, TN. Mine was sent from IRS Richmond, VA. Does that mean they use different format at differnet IRS location? Would both be accepted by INS for Affidavit of Support?

Thanks for any advice.