Tax Returns for I-485

vsaminat

Registered Users (C)
Is it necessary to submit copies of past tax returns with I-485 (EB3)? If so how many years of tax returns are needed?

vsaminat said:
Is it necessary to submit copies of past tax returns with I-485 (EB3)? If so how many years of tax returns are needed?

I am not sure whether it is necessary or not, but my lawyer submitted tax returns for the previous three years with my I-485...

It depends on a particular case. If there is a certain income you have to prove, submitting tax returns wouldn't hurt.

In case of self-petitioning for EB-1 EA, where there are no employment/income requirements, tax returns may not be necessary, especially if all the other evidence is strong. Unless you claim "high salary or other significantly high remuneration in relation to others in the field" or "commercial successes in the performing arts" as some of your eligibility criteria.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

0 tax return

I am PR holder at canada
Living in canada, commutting to USA 5 days to work on h1b
I have approved labor and filed I-140
If I stop working on h1b now and file new h1b after 3 years ( because of working in canada and retrogression... waiting for PD to get current).
Do I have to file 0 return to show once I am back in USA on h1b and file 485 later
What should I do
Please suggest..