talked with IIO just now about REF case

ching132

Registered Users (C)
He said, case is pending, he don\'t know how long it will take,... but he said my case is assigned to officer. I don\'t under stand what it means
however Ref case should be assigned to officer long back...

No Title

take it easy Ching....since your case is assigned to officer you dont worry ....you will be approved soon..did IIO say when it was assigned?

No Title

Ching,
        RFE is firstly issued by the Adj officer him(her)self in the first place, so the appln is all the while in assigned state. Pl correct me if this is a wrong perception I have .

But , more importantly, did the IIO say why so long for a decision after assignment ! , did they tell you if RFE has been "satisfactorily" recvd ??
 The only expln can be recv the RFE late and then taking the allowable time to adjudicate . I am in similar situation, RFE replied and AVM changed waitin for approval.

My Experience

I got my approval on July 6th 2001. My case was assigned to an Officer on Feb 12th, April 12th RFE was issued and we got it on April 18th, April 20th replied to RFE for W3s paystub etc., June 4th AVM changed saying they received it, July 6th it was approved.

My 485 was the longest in the whole process it took 23 months for approval, Labour took only 3 months and I 140 took only 2 weeks with a mistake in PD and then for correction it took 2 years.

Hope this helps to make some guess.