Talked with IIO. EAD delayed

UE

Registered Users (C)
I finally got to talk with an IIO after being put on hold for more than half an hour. The reason for my call was that my husband and I filed EAD application at the same time and my arrived three days ago and his still isn\'t here. Since I am the main applicant and he is the dependent, I decided to call. But this stupid IIO told me that I cannot inquire his case. Why can\'t I? I did before and I can cancel his application is we divorce, right? BTW, is the delay in EAD something to worry about?

Also, my ND is 3/12/01 and my case is still not assigned to an officer. The IIO said that it should be assigned in a week or so.

Same here

I had the same experience a few minutes ago. After being on hold for about 25 minutes, I was told I cannot inquire upon my wife\'s case, so I asked her to call INS. Unfortunately we have to accept the rule as it is, what we can\'t do is question the rule. I just thanked her and hung up because I knew I wouldn\'t get any farther by arguing. My wife called them and they I believe they were polite and gave the information she needed (EAD card delayed: Card ordered on Nov 08).

UE--yes i had the same

Hi UE

Yes even i had same situation,any principal applicant can\'t ask about
derivative applicant status with IIO.Just curious can post ur details

Service C,RD,ND,PD and Category...

Thx

Same with me

I asked about my wife\'s case and IIO said she won\'t give any details
about it but the said Application looks good.