Talked to IIO @ NSC today @ 8am

Leoncorleone

Registered Users (C)
I talked to IIO this morning @ NSC and asked about my I485 case status. LIN 00-155-xxxxx, RD - 4/4/00. She said my case is with an officer and i will get a decision within a few weeks. When i enquired about my EAD renewal (RD - 3/7/01), she said my EAD file is with the same officer and in most cases they will not approve EAD if I485 will be approved around the same time,,,,,,,,,,,,
EB2/India/PD - 1/1998
In USA - Since 1992
Grad School/F1 Visa - 2years
Practical Training - 1year
LC/State (Processing) - CSC - 2years
LC/State (Processing) - NSC - 1year
LC/Federal - NSC - 3months
I140 - 1year
I485 - Waiting for last 13Months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Talk about patience.......

Good luck to you all.

No Title

How many does it take once the case goes to Officer. I remember one post saying that his case was decided on the very same day when it went to officer.

No Title

Wah! What a COINCIDENCE, Leoncorleone! If you are looking for same boat mate, here I am! Sadly, I am waiting too and VERY CLOSE to your dates. If u wanna keep an eye about what\'s gonna happen next, let\'s keep in touch! By the way, are you from Detroit area?

Talk about EAD Renewal....
RD 3/8, ND 3/12, so I don\'t know what to do next on this. How about you? Do you plan getting interim EAD or do you think NSC is going to approve your case based on what you found out from IIO. Probably, it\'s good idea to contact each other, if you think so. Hope to hear back soooon!

No Title

My company applied for an H1 extension when my EAD expired on 5/5. This immigration stuff has completely screwed up and ruined my life. My wife who was doing residency, has to take time off as she can not work without a EAD or GC. After wasting my prime life waiting for this GC, i am questioning will the day ever come for me to pursue whatever i want. When i was 25 wanted to go to business school to fulfil my dream. Now that i am 30, do not know, if it is worth any!

I hope the INS system is overhauled, so all the newcomers do not have to go thru this hell. My American dream.........

No Title

Leoncorleone:
I hope you noticed my above message, so what are your thoughts so we can hold together during this long long long long...battle! I have gone thru hell lot of risks in the life with this ever ending story on GC KE PECHE JAISA! You are right, it\'s like giving up your dreams, hopes, etc. But, don\'t my dear friend! So, I wanna just keep posted about how soon we can get over this even if any thing can change meanwhile...so, pl. continue and keep your hopes and ....

No Title

Hi,

My husband was in the same boat as your wife\'s. His EAD was expiring May 10th but had not received any EAD extension yet.. but by God\'s grace and with the help of this site, we realised that we could take a letter from his program director talking about how important it is for him to contivnue the residency so that the hospital will not get into trouble, the economic problems the hospital may face due to the patients already scheduled for him and also his fellowship which he would begin in July will all get screwed up if he doesnot have the work permit. Atleast that got him the EAD extended at local detroit INS.

regarding Our 485, teh AVm says that they sent an RFE!! that still ha sto come and we have no idea what it says!!
well, yes I don\'t know when I can do what I want to bdo either!!

Good luck