Talked to IIO - Debo and Ciba, please advise what you think

helper007

Registered Users (C)
Guys, I talked to an IIO. Here is the crux of discussion

1] My FP has not yet been received my them in the system, although FBI Confirms that it was sent to INS, CSC.

2] The lady told me (seems Indian) that they are far behind in data entry.

3] She told me that it takes sometimes 18 months for this process for FP to be entered in the system and then finally doing background checks. If the process is not done in 15 months they will issue a new FP notice.

4] I told her that many people with ND in Feb and March have got approvals and I was told that she does not have an answer for that because they work per the orders they get from Washington, they pull 100 files and try to do that in order but sometimes it goes random seems.

So gentleman, this confirms that

1] People who have got FP recently have a long way to go.
2] CSC is slowing down considerably.
3] I suggest hold tight to your jobs as much as you can.

Ciba, do you suggest I take the FP for July 31st also looking into these circumstances. My lawyer says to ignore that. Please advise what you think as I could not get the FP feedback from the IIO.

No Title

Helper
1) did IIO check using your A no /wac no / or both ?
2) That 18 months thing is bullshit..
3) If FBI has sent to CSC then CSC should have got it same day/next day as it is sent electronically ...Its not data entry job !! IIO was bullshitting....If IIO says they have not received it then you can call FBI again and tell them that..FBI will put you on hold and talk to CSC IIO in FP department thru their hotline and will give you feedback immediately or FBI will take your number and call you back. If FBI doesnt do it then you can ask them to call IIO on hotline and FBI will respond positivley.

No Title

I agree with debo.The files are transferred electronically.Thatz what the technician at the ASC told me.

No Title

or maybe they don\'t have a system that updates the records from files received electronically.Debo,this is a possibility right?

No Title

what IIO must have meant was they take time to move FP from system 1 ( FBI FP receiver ) to system 2 ( which is FP background checked clean FP ) ....cos the lazy bums take time to do background check.

Suggestion for ciba: (analysis on "cleared" FP)

Currently there is analysis only on the date when FP was taken.
From multiple evidence it looks like FBI does its job in 48 hours
and electronically transferred results to CSC, where they are filed
in so-called "system 1" and sorted using Alien number as a key.

After that they are transferred to "system 2" (receipt number).
I guess that the background check is done as part of this transferring process, but I might be wrong.

I suggest that everybody who knows when his/her FP was transferred to system 2 will provide this information, so it will be possible to see
correlations between approval time and "transfer" time.

Ciba, may be you can add "background check" data
or "system 1 to system 2" date to your database.

Here is my info

tt246 on ciba list: EB2(RIR)
WAC-01-099 -xxxxx
RD 1/19/01
ND 2/8/01
FP 5/2/01
in "system 1" 5/3/01 (IIO find it by my alien number)
in "system 2" 7/13/01 (How lucky I ! am It\'s Friday 13 :) (IIO find it by my WAC)

No Title

Debo, she just took the WAC number.....
I called FBI a while ago and they told me that it has been sent and seems is struck in CSC tracking somewhere..I pushed if she can call CSC and check and I was told to call back tommorow early in the morning as CSC FP department is now close.

Lets hope we all get out of this mess soon...

No Title

see if IIO had used your A number then they would have located your FP cos I am 100% sure your FP is in system 1.

Re: My theory

Hi folks,

Here is what I think. The FBI does its part of the job in 24 hours. (know that from experience. my fp were taken on 4/25/01 and I called the very next day the FBI lady told me that they were being cleared and sent back to the INS.) Then it takes our "friends" for ever to transfer them from one system to another. I do not think that they have the resources to do a background check at the INS because if they do I should ask why do we have to submit the FP to the FBI in the first place or what is the FBI role in the abusive process at all. Then after they have all the info in one file pertinent to a given "alien" they look at the papers and pronounce the decision-to be or not to be. The thing that I have problem with is to figure out the logic behind approving cases with for example 01-123 but not approving the once submitted earlier since the PD does not matter any more. Guys, my guess is as good as yours, I guess I am just sharing my thoughts. Hang in there and take care

PD: always current, ND 2/1/01, FP 4/25/01 AD: disappointly waiting