Talked IIO

PPT PPT1

Registered Users (C)
My wife talked to IIO. It looks like our cases are with an examiner (as per IIO).

Here is the detail:

PD: 11/24/97 (almost four years)
Labor: RIR
I-140: EB3 India (graduated (MS) later, useless at least for greencard)
First finger prints: expired
Second done in: 08/29/2001
RD: 08/04/99 (more than 2 years)
ND: 09/23/99

I called my congresswoman Eddie Bernice Johnson (Irving, TX) after TSC\'s official PD became Jan 2000. Initially, people at congresswoman\'s office did not accept. They had different official processing dates (Apr 99). It was Dallas District Office Data. Then I went to their office in person and explained the case. He agreed to contact TSC. He called me after 2 or 3 days saying that

"TSC thinks our cases are ready for adjudication. TSC has requested our files from the shelf and upon receipt TSC will process the cases".

Also he asked me to call back in 6 weeks if I don\'t get any response from TSC. Today after three weeks I called TSC (got thru after zillion tries) and put on hold for 50 minutes. (ring went on, nobody picked up the phone and put on hold again for more than 20 minutes). As I left to work, my wife talked to IIO. Finally, our cases are with an officer. IIO does not know how long it is going to take. I know many more guys are in the same boat. I recommend you guys to contact ur congress man/woman. Atleast it worked for me to get case open. I also faxed to senator Kay Bailey Hutchinson. They did not even bother to return.

Please post your comments on How long does it take once it is assigned?

Thanks,
PPT

PPT ! I have got some questions for you ....

Hi !

Even my case looks simillar to yours..I am trying to contact the congress...What is the difference between Senate and Congress man ? Some thing like MLA & MP in India ?

ALso How did you get thro\' your second FP...Even my FP got expired but not received any 2nd FP notices ?

Really appreciate your time & help if you can answer my questions...

Thanks,

Same experience here

PD 07/98
RD 12/99
ND 12/99
FP1 02/2000
FP2 10/2001

Contacted Congress man Dick Armey. I immediatly got my 2nd FP notice.
They(Congress man\'s office) has asked me to wait till Nov 30th.
I suggest everyone whose ND/RD is before Jan 2000 to contact local congress officer.

-k7n

ND 11/99 PD 1/99

FP1 expired in May/2001. Got a new FP notice last week. Don\'t know when 485 will be approved. I sent a couple of faxed to TSC for 2nd FP...Sent a letter to Senator too but nobody bothered to contact me.

PD 1/99
ND 11/99
FP1 1/00
Fp2: next month

No Title

rgan,
What are the fax # you have tried?Are they by any chance 214-767-7405,7406.If these are the ones that you have tried can you please tell me what is the appropriate time to fax this #.I have tried for almost a week to fax(tried for almost one hour on each occasions) and gave up.

COngress MAn ???

Hi K7N !

WHen you contacted them did they asked you send your 485 receipts and all your information by mail or just spoke with them ? Does the congress man means senator ???Please respond....

No Title

Uttine,
   There are two senators for each state (50 * 2 = 100 senators). Each senator is similar(there are differences) to an Indian Rajhya sabha MP. But each senator is elected by people directly. A congress man/woman(like loksabha MP) represents a district in a state. The number of congressmen in a state depends on the state\'s population.

My second FP:
   I contacted TSC about a week before my first one expired. They asked me to call back after it expired. Then I called and faxed. I think my faxes (one or two) worked out. They sent notices to me and my wife. I would recommend you to fax to 214-767-7654.

If your RD or ND is earlier than Jan 2000, I would strongly recommend you to contact your local congress man/woman. My case was finally assigned to an officer on oct 25th.

I hope I will get something from TSC in a week or two.

No Title

PPT1, after 2nd FP how long did it take to assign your case to an officer? I appreciate your response.

No Title

PPT PPT1,

Almost the same situation as u r in. Here are my details:

TSC-EB3-India;PD-4/18/97;RD-8/25/99;ND-9/14/99;1st FP-11/10/99 approved 1/00;2nd FP-5/9/01 approved 5/14/01;3rd AP approved on 8/22 and EAD on 9/1/01 9/26 for spouse, recd cards 10/03/01;AD-praying for it, application pending with the man upstairs as well!

I\'ve been in touch with the local congressman\'s office since early Sept especially after TSC moved processing dates to 1/00. Just hoping and praying for the approval to get this bloody ordeal out of the way..

No Title

Anil De,
   I did my second FP on Aug 29 2001. But TSC did not assign my case immediately. I contacted congress woman and congress woman\'s office contacted TSC around OCT 10th. TSC replied on OCT 11th saying we will open file. But they assigned to an officer on OCT 25th (It took almost two weeks for TSC to open the file after its reply on OCT 11th).

So almost it took two months since my second FP for TSC to assign to an officer.

But I am 100% sure that because of congesswoman\'s request only they assigned to an officer.

No Title

PPT PPT1, Thank You for the information and Good Luck with your case. I am sure you will be a freebird soon.

No Title

PPT PPT1,
I did my 2nd FP on Sep 4th.The 2nd FP notice was sent to me after my constant calling to TSC.Last week when I called one of the IIO\'s told me(quote)"order case your 485 to my supervisor so that he can assign to an officer"(which I learnt is moving the file from hold area to working area - i think which in your case took 2 weeks).
My details:
RD:12/99
ND:01/00
3rd EAD Applied on Sep.17th.
Waiting on approvals.

Congressional Enquiry form

For the congress man/woman to look into anyone\'s case, the person
needs to sign an authorisation form. This forms asks for all the details including the latest document received from INS etc etc.

So whenever the congress man accepts to look into the case they would give u the details as, how to submit this form. Technically they will and can call the INS on your behalf only after you have signed this form.

In my case, I immediatly gave them all the docs and they were very prompt in responding back.

-k7n

PPT - What does AVM say for your case?

Hi PPT,

My case is similar to yours, PD 1/98, ND 9/99, FP1 10/99, FP2 9/5/01.
What does the AVM say (after 6 pm CST) for your case. Mine still says : "We mailed you a receipt bla bla bla "

No Title

ppt,

I believe it has been assigned per the rep at the congressman\'s office..

No Title

I called TSC just now,and she said that my case is with examiner since 10/31(yesterday)
2 weeks back My lawyer called me and told that my case is assigned to an officer.
any difference between examiner and officer?

RD 10/99, ND 11/99 EB3 INDIA TSC