Talk to an IIO today

karen

Registered Users (C)
Our details:
PD: 9/98
ND/RD: 11/99
2FP: 12/5/01

My husband talked to an IIO this morning (after hour of trying and 2 hours of holding). The lady was very rude. He asked if our cases were assigned to an officer and she said there are thousands of cases waiting the same as us. Then my husband said it has been 2 years already and the lady continued saying there people who have been waiting for 4 year at TSC. She said she can\'t predict how long the case is going to take and couldn\'t do anything about it. We were so disappointed about it. I think I\'ll keep calling until I talk to another person. Good luck to everyone!

No Title

I got thru the phone and it was the same lady. At first she said my husband called already and told me not to waste the time of the people who were on the phone lines. Then I said the reason I called because our cases haven\'t been assigned to an officer and asked her to put a request for it. Then she said she couldn\'t help me doing that and she could put a request to her supervisor only if there is a problem with a case. I then said they\'re currently processing Jan, 00 cases and our cases were behind schedule so I think there is a problem. So she said okay. Her attitude was very bad and I even doubt if she\'d really put a request to her supervisor. Anyways, I think she\'s the only IIO working today so if you need to speak to a nice officer, call back some other day.

Forget talking to IIO...you are at their mercy...

I have been trying for almost a month to get through. But havent got the line. I also heard from a friend of mine that they are very rude on the phone. So I have given up on trying to contact them.

Ofcourse my lawyer also doesnt have any extra info. Just waiting seems to be the best option...

God is great

Today i called TSC and after 1 hour calling, got a line.I just hold 2 hours and after that the phone was disconnected automatically.I was so disspponted and try calling many times but i could not able to get the line.Now i am realizing \' God is great \' to make me not to talk that rude woman.

Yup! She\'s probably the one I spoke to on Thursday

In my case after hours of holding, when I spoke to her, she asked me if I had received my 2nd FP notice even though we had already given them way back in 10/01. She did not know why my case still does not reflect the fact that our 2nd FPs were already done. Another IIO had confirmed a few weeks back that INS did receive our FPs on the same day from FBI. The former person had told me that he would send a note to his supervisor.

When I asked this lady however if my case was assigned, she said it wasn\'t assigned and when I requested her to send a note in this regard, she replied that it was difficult to do that at that time due to the holidays.

I believe early in 2002 they will realize ...

that 1999 cases are too old and try to show some urgency in approving them.

Hope

I can see all the frustration on this thread.
Just wanted to let everyone know that there are some good people at TSC.

I spoke to a lady couple of weeks ago, who started checking all aspects (address, FP, RFE details etc) without my even asking her. She even gave me an excellent idea on how to solve a problem with TSC\'s screwup with my wife\'s RFE. Had I not done what she had suggested, my wife\'s case may have been abandoned bcos of not responding to RFE in 90 days.
She also said she would request 2nd FP as my 1st one expired. All other IIOs never mentioned the expiry.

Hopefully, 2002 will bring us some good luck with TSC.
Happy New Year !!

Spoke to the IIO

I just spoke to the IIO to change my address in the file. I got my pp stamped dec 19 with the original copy of the approval but my address was not updated so the courtesy copy of the approval went back to TSC. So I called TSC and got it changed over the phone. She (IIO) was nice to me.