taking 6 months vacatioon while on 485...please help

b2i

Registered Users (C)
I Have applied I-485 in Nov/99,EB3,India,PD current,VSC and no approval yet. I am planning on taking vacation starting from May/2001 and come back when i get my approval. will there be any problems with this. having worked here for more than 7 years i feel like taking this lengthy vacation now. company would continue my GC iin my absence. Please through your suggestions on this. Do you foresee any problems with this ?? Thanks

No Title

None...as long as it is a paid vacation and you do not miss out on any milestones e.g. FP, RFE, PP Stamping etc.

No Title

thanx for the reply. My company should only pay for 3 weeks and I will be out of pay for the rest of the period while I am on vacation. I am going to work with the same company after i get my GC.I used to take vacations earlier with no pay!!! Don\'t you think you can continue your GC without actually getting paid ??

No Title

Yeah But the idea came to muy mind, what if you are out of the country? There is NO requirement of working for a sponsoring company BEFORE GC. Employment letter is fine but paystub is major proble. A company may keep the offer open after lay off , impliciltly ot explictly.

The questions that come are:

1. If the sponsoring comapny stops paying you and you are out of country will it work?

2. If the sponsoring comapny stops paying you and alows you to work eles where and comback to it after GC will it work?

3.If the sponsoring comapny LAYS you OFF and keeps the offer open will it work? Do we need lay off letter?

4. what is the difference between layoff and resignation as far as GC is concerned. If company abondons it\'s fine waht if emloyee abondons?

5. Cab you still extend H1 while holding valid EAd but you have not USED it? Will it affect GC ? Suppose offer is open from original comapny?

6. How will INS treat these cases of change??

Folks these questions are there in everybody\'s minds? Why don\'t we request Rajeev Khanna to clarify? Are there any precedents?

No Title

Good questions.Does anybody have any answers,please post your opinions. I will ask these queestions with an attorney later.

No Title

Godod Questions. I asked some of these questions to my attorney, and she appeared to indicate this might not be a problem if there is no RFE. What does RFE stand for ?

I have the exact same questions now

No Title

RFE means Request for Further Evidence. VSC has been sending these for many cases,usually for employment letter and paystubs.

No Title

I do know that there is NO requirement to work for your sponsor
till I-485/GC is approved - so I don\'t see point of paystubs. The employment letter has to say that the job is still open and available

No Title

I am not answering your question, but as long as there is no urgent need do you want to take a calculated "risk" when you are at a stage where approval will be anytime. My ND is also first week of Nov/99. Just a thought.

No Title

Yeah. Nobody will use an axe to cut his own feet. But what is circumstances warrant so? You can\'t let others control your life!
We have to get answers to these IMPORTANT questions rather than posting useless and speculative information! Time to get a solution to problems! Six month acation is NOT the solution!
Correct me if I am wrong.

No Title

If you have filed 485 in Nov 99 and planning to go on vaccation in may, did you consider the option there is a possibility that your approval might come around may or june. I am in the same boat my nd is 11/12/99. I hoping to get my approval around may 01. Having waited for seven years, can\'t you wait for 7 more weeks from may rather than going through all the worries about what will ins do. Unless your situation forces you to take vaccation which i don\'t know. Just my 2 cents of thougth. Hope it is use ful