Switching job with PP stamped???

G L

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I had my PP stamped about a month ago. I am still waiting for my card but I am thinking about switching to another company now.

My question is once my PP got stamped, my AP/EAD/H-1B all got invalid, is that correct? If I do switch job, I am actually using stamped PP as working permit, right?

TIA!!!

GL

After you get the card?

Hi Glenmd,

Thanks for your suggestion. I am wondering whether I should stay for 2 or 3 months after getting the card? or just after 485 is approved?

Thanks,
GL
glenmd said:
But it is advisable to stay with the employer for couple of
months.

Just think over.....

that would be a good idea and also it is worth it. As you have taken good amount of time in the getting green card.
comparing the timeline of getting green card vs. couple of months will not be a big difference. so it is worth the approach.

anyway just think. I understand that you will be in vacuum till now and later on you just want to come out of the vacuum....

so just think over...

If you wish to apply for citizenship one day It is I think it is important to stay with the current employer for 6 to 12 months. I have seen folks in the forum commenting on this issue before. Please search this form to find more details.

RD Dec 02
AD Jun 05

Citizenship

Thanks, I did see some folks commenting on staying with the employer for 6 to 12 months for future interview at the citizenship.

RD1202 said:
If you wish to apply for citizenship one day It is I think it is important to stay with the current employer for 6 to 12 months. I have seen folks in the forum commenting on this issue before. Please search this form to find more details.

RD Dec 02
AD Jun 05