Survey: After RFE

VSC16506

Registered Users (C)
I think if INS asked for RFE, the further processing time will depend on the date INS receives the RFE response, no matter how long you have waited before. Shall we find out how many people are waiting after responsed RFE here?

I post my info here first:

PD: 7/97 (yes, very old)
RD: 7/99
ND: 8/99
FP: 6/00
RFE received by lawyer: 1/5/01 (16 months after ND!)
RFE replied: 1/17/01
INS received and recorded: 1/31/01.

Waiting started again....

No Title

RFE received by lawyer: 1/5/01
RFE replied: 1/07/01
INS received and recorded: 1/11/01.
Approved: 02/09/01.

No Title

Hi, all,

How can you know INS received and recorded ? What recorded mean ?
Thanks.

No Title

You can check the status of your application
(I485, EAD, H-1, etc..) thru AVM (automated voice message) system
VSC has. 802-527-4913. You will need your receipt number or EAC number.

For some people\'s case these are updated often, but others
may not.

-LJ

No Title

Mine got approved today. I talked to IIO this morning.

RFE received 1/22/01
RFE response sent 1/25/01
VSC received 1/30/01 - Called IIO to get this info.
Approved today 2/12/01

Yours should be approved soon.

-LJ

No Title

My wife and I got the approval notice today. RFE sent on 2/3/01 by USPS Express and got approval notice today (2/12/01). Not very excited at all because of the painful long wait for 4 years!

LUOQ

No Title

Hi, all,

My application was received on Jan 31, 01.
My message has not been updated. (It is "case can not be found")

My case:
PD: April 8, 98
RD: Aug 3, 99
ND: Aug 26, 99
RFE: 12/28/00
RFE received: Jan 15, 01
RFE received: Jan 31, 01

Waiting....

No Title

I was RFEed on 12/18/00 for birth certificates. Responded, recorded, and AVM updated on 1/4/01. Still waiting. I am from the Aug 99 group and am EB2 India.

No Title

EB3-India,ND 8/27/99,PD 4/1/97, RFE Intent to deny Responded 11/14/00 AVM updated as received. Frustation continues .....

No Title

It means that the President wants to review all legislations that were passed/approved by former president Bill Clinton that have not been implemented yet. Of course, since DOJ and/or INS have not come out with regulations on S2045, it is possible that the there could be some delay in implementing the same. Personally, I don\'t see a big chance of the (new) President wanting to change the legislation from the way it is. But it definitely might delay the implementation of the rules.
That said, it affects only those who are trying to use the new rules, for example, to switch employers before their I-485s are approved etc. For those of us still working for the same employer and going through RFEs for emplyment verification letters and pay-stubs and G-325s and the like, it will not make any difference as the new legislations do not come into play. Hope this answers your question/concern....

No Title

Thanks Govinda Vinod,as always your reply is with good logical explanation.I thought so too , for those who are still with the same employer etc. shouldn\'t cause any problem.

Besides there are couple of postings about 485 approvals today.

Any news on your second RFE?.

No Title

Kuru Murthy, There is one approval EB3-India. Looks like things are moving but at a very very very slow pace. Hope we get approvals sometime.

No Title

My RFE is

1. The doctor did not check the TB item and we went back and the form was re-filled, TB item checked and signed.
2. The evidences that we stay in US legally. We provide all the INS approval notice and pay stubs before change and after change and W-2 copies.

That is all I have done and it was approved in a couple of days after they received it. I did not check the AVM because I was tired of it. Hopefully, this will help. If you have further questions, please post it.

No Title

RD: Sept 9, 1999; NIW
REF received by INS: Feb 6, 2001
I-485 Approved: Feb 12, 2001