Surrendering I-94 when travelling to Canada on AP

tallbonobo

Registered Users (C)
I have the advance parole stamp in my passport, on a I-94 departure record card and on the AP form itself. I am a Canadian citizen traveling to Canada through US/Canada land crossing for xmas vacation. Do I need to surrender my I-94 card to the Canadian official? This sounds like a stupid question as this is exactly what it says at the back of the I-94 card. But I have never surrendered the I-94 (for TN or H1B) at the Canadian border before and it hasn't caused any problems. I just noticed the wording on the back of the I-94 and that alarmed me a bit. I am going to check if this wording is new. Any Canadians on this forum who might know? Many thanks and happy holidays to everyone.

TB

Originally posted by tallbonobo
I have the advance parole stamp in my passport, on a I-94 departure record card and on the AP form itself. I am a Canadian citizen traveling to Canada through US/Canada land crossing for xmas vacation. Do I need to surrender my I-94 card to the Canadian official? This sounds like a stupid question as this is exactly what it says at the back of the I-94 card. But I have never surrendered the I-94 (for TN or H1B) at the Canadian border before and it hasn't caused any problems. I just noticed the wording on the back of the I-94 and that alarmed me a bit. I am going to check if this wording is new. Any Canadians on this forum who might know? Many thanks and happy holidays to everyone.

TB

no need. just keep it.

We travelled to Toronto a couple of weeks back through the Sarnia POE.

I-94 was nevere looked at by the CIC!

While returning ofcourse if you do not have a current parole stamp already then you need to go for secondary inspection with the APs and will be given a new I-94 (happened for me).

My wife had no such inspection as she had a current stamp and an I-94 having travelled a month back.

Nothing to worry at all.