Sur name mispelt on EAD and Advance parole

inform_me

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I got my Advance parolle but my surname is mispelt on itso i am planning to resend them for correction.How much time will it take for processesing.will I receive them in 2 months because it was an BCIS error.I paln to visit India on AP in the month of Nov.Please advice.

how much time will it take to receive my corrected EAD and Advance parolle from CSC.How can I travel when i havent received the corrected documents yet.

same here...

i had the same problem with my first EAD.... my lawyer said that we can get it corrected the next time when we file for extension.... but when we filed for extension with the correct name... had do and RFE to prove that my *correct name* was actually correct..... hat's off to BCIS!!
:)

Can I travel with my name mispelt on the advance parolle

Will it create a problem for me to travel with my name mispelt on the advance parolle.

forgot to mention....

after my first EAD, my lawyer faxed them a letter stating that they have mis-spelled my last name on the EAD and also on I-485.... they responed back to the fax stating that the name has been corrected on I-485.... and evidently they seemed to have got the name corrected on I-485, since the FP notice i received had the correct name.... and as i mentioned earlier, while filing for EAD ext, we had send a RFE respone ceritifying my correct name......

anyway, for your case, i would suggest sending a fax to BCIS and telling them about that mistake on ur EAD & AP... and keep that fax copy with your EAD & AP... so as when you use your EAD/AP while re-entring, you can show immigration officer, if he asks for the clarification this difference, that you have already notified BCIS about the mistake..... also, to be safe, just have all the docs which state your name, like BC, DL, pp (which u'll already have :) etc.... that way, if IO wants more clarification you have evidence to support ur clarification.....

for getting ur EAD/AP re-issued from BCIS, as my lawyer suggested - that this would just strech ur time line.... and u'll again have to wait for the correct docs... and EAD is a pretty imp doc... which you don't want to play around with!...

u can get a second oppinion from your lawyer too.... but i feel, notifiying BCIS about the mistake and keeping the copy with your EAD/AP with all other evidence (BC, DL, pp etc) should be good enough to use your current EAD/AP...

hope this would help..

good luck..