• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Supreme Court allows Trump's travel ban to partially take effect

Apologies if this sounds insensitive, but I am wondering what would be the the embassies/ COs attitude towards cases from banned countries that don't have double citizenship and do not qualify for a waiver: i.e. whether the cases are refused following the interview or put into AP or if people are turned away when submitting documents (before paying the visa fee).

Or maybe this can be deduced from the CAEC data already captured ? @Britsimon, will there be any indication on the above in the CEAC data from cases treated after the supreme court allowing the ban to take effect ?

People are entitled to their interview. I imagine embassies warn of the likely outcome where possible. But, if interviewed they will pay the fee, and placed on AP at the end. No one knows what will happen next, the travel ban could (possibly) be removed, so a final refusal would not be appropriate.

As for CEAC - no - there is no way to deduce any of that or future effects from the CEAC data.

Trump keeps expressing his sympathy for the Iranian people - the same people he won’t give visas to. :rolleyes: