Supporting document while appling for Naturalization

tvklovesu

Registered Users (C)
Hi gurus,

I need some help. I am applying for Naturalization. I got GC in family based rule like my uncle who is a citizen sponsored GC to my father and i got GC as iam dependent to my father. Now my question is what all documents do i need to send with my N-400 application?

Also Do any one know where can i find sample test paper for naturalization interview. Any link

Thanks in advanced

tvklovesu said:
Hi gurus,

I need some help. I am applying for Naturalization. I got GC in family based rule like my uncle who is a citizen sponsored GC to my father and i got GC as iam dependent to my father. Now my question is what all documents do i need to send with my N-400 application?

Also Do any one know where can i find sample test paper for naturalization interview. Any link

Thanks in advanced

First read the FAQ - it answers many of your questions. There is also a thread discussing supporting documents. Personally I think the list is a little long, but certainly complete. The USCIS Guide to Naturalization and N-400 form tell you the minimum docs you'll need to provide.

How you obtained your GC (as long as it was legal) is largely irrelevant to the N-400 application process. You either apply based on 5yr continuous residence, or 3yr marriage to a US citizen. By far the majority apply based on the 5 year route.

You'll need to document all trips outside of the US since you became an LPR, and you'll also need to show that you registered with selective services since you were (presumably) under 26 when you first got your GC.

This may not be relevant, but since you mentioned being a dependent of your father, you should note that you do need to be at least 18yrs old in order to naturalize. If you are under that age, you can gain citizenship as a derivative of your father's naturalization.

Last edited by a moderator: