Supporting Document if travel with AP

Registered Users (C)
Can anyone tell me what supporting document is needed to come back to the US if travel with AP?

Thank you so much!

You need to show the basis of your AP usually your I-485 receipt if you got your AP because you are an Adjustment of status applicant. In addition, it is wise to carry your paystubs if your employer is your GC petitioner to prove that you are still employed with the same employer. Also carry previous H1B receipts if you have them assuming you had an H1B in the past.
Remember that if you have accrued illegal presence in US (more than 180 days is the period I think), you will be subject to the 3-10 bar

Hope you have a safe trip!

regards,

Would you also need a transit visa if you're just changing flight in Paris ?

I have been unable to reach the french counsulate and they haven't replied to my e mail either.

I am leaving for India in 2 weeks and my H1 stamp has expired on PP . I am currently working on EAD and plan to return on AP .

Could you please advice if you need a transit visa as well if using AP and no visa stamp on PP.

Thanks

what if I changed employer after 180 days of filing I-485?

what if I changed employer after 180 days of filing I-485? The paystubs would show a different employer other than the green card sponsor. Would that be a problem?

Please advise.

Thanks.