Suggestion for 3 year degree holders getting an RFE

srikanthsiva

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I dont know how valid my suggestions are but here are my 2 cents:

1)Explain in a letter that a 3 year degree is infact same as a 4 year degree in US because the entire 3 years is spent on your major (for example engineering) and there is no general education component unlike American degrees. Say that this is a highly specialized degree. Tell them that the transcripts show that. Say that even the evaluation by 3rd party agency in US confirms this. You can also say something like many universities in the US are accepting my degree for graduate studies eventhough a 4 year degree is required because they have evaluated my degree as a 4 year degree.

2) You can also try to say that this is a 4 year degree but completed in 3 years. (provided this is true)

3) For those who have diploma and degree. Say that this is a normal path taken by many. Say that in order to enter a degree program, you have to do a diploma for X years AFTER high school. Only then you could get admission to the university to pursue a degree. So total time taken to actually get a degree was X years.

Again, please excuse me if my suggestions are totally useless.

srikanthsiva said:
Hi,

I dont know how valid my suggestions are but here are my 2 cents:

1)Explain in a letter that a 3 year degree is infact same as a 4 year degree in US because the entire 3 years is spent on your major (for example engineering) and there is no general education component unlike American degrees. Say that this is a highly specialized degree. Tell them that the transcripts show that. Say that even the evaluation by 3rd party agency in US confirms this. You can also say something like many universities in the US are accepting my degree for graduate studies eventhough a 4 year degree is required because they have evaluated my degree as a 4 year degree.

2) You can also try to say that this is a 4 year degree but completed in 3 years. (provided this is true)

3) For those who have diploma and degree. Say that this is a normal path taken by many. Say that in order to enter a degree program, you have to do a diploma for X years AFTER high school. Only then you could get admission to the university to pursue a degree. So total time taken to actually get a degree was X years.

Again, please excuse me if my suggestions are totally useless.
Hi Srikanth,
Thanks alot. I am going to request a letter form the university why this 3 year engg degree highly specialized degree. Also getting a letter from Polytechnic too. Thanks again for your suggestions.
KK