Successul CP interview on Nov 27th - Chennai

Red Monk

Registered Users (C)
Thanks to this discussion forum and others like Srifx, we had a successful CP interview on 27th at Chennai. No questions were asked. It was a very smooth process. Received our passports the next day by 10:30 at my Chennai address.

1) Entered consulate at 7:45. They check the appointment letter and passports. They do not allow cell phones, lipsticks, perfumes, compact makeup powder etc. So leave them at home. We had to leave them outside with some guy who charged 50 bucks. Our documents were in transparent folder we had bought at staples.
Showed the appointment letter to a couple of other security personel who direct you to the shamiana waiting area.

2) We had to wait till about 8:30 when they start to call people in small batches of 5. Keep the 3 immigration photos clipped to the passport.
We submitted the passport and the document list for me first and then for my wife. The officer stappled the photos to the passport, removed the clip from the document list, gave us the blue dart form/sticker, gave us a small slip and asks us to pay the application fee (Rs 12,480) at counter 1.

3) Gave the slip and DDs and got the receipt with copy from the cashier. Hold on to these. We then went outside and had to wait till everyone had paid the application fees. They then herd you to the front of the consulate stairs and make you take the oath. Then more waiting.

4) They then called out names at random. We were called at about 10:30 or so to counter 6. The officer did not spend much time checking anything. He just removed the originals and kept the copies that we provided.
Other than the list mentioned in packet 4, he wanted the latest payslip. He asked for the copy of the appication fee receipt (yellow copy), the filled in blue dart sticker and the blue dart DD.
We were then asked to pay the issuance fee and go home.
That sounded like music to my ears.

5) We then paid the issuance fee and went home at about 10:45 am
6) We got our passports at 10:30 the next day at my relative\'s place in Chennai.

Points to remember:-
1) Write case number and name behind all the DDs
2) Arrange all documents beforehand. Some of the appicants were arranging the docs under the shamiana. Arrange as per Packet 4. Cross check with Srifx\'s list. This was useful because I was not sure where the I-134 went. With primary or secondary appicant or both.
3) Keep passport separate from other docs. Keep photos gem-clipped to passport and keep an extra copy of the appointment letter handy to show to the security.
4) Do not take extra items like large bags and lipstick, compact powder, umbrella etc.
5) I submitted the fillable OF-230 forms downloaded from immihelp.com
   I had the DS forms too which were never asked. Maybe different for other consulates though.
6) RELAX !!
   I was worried with so many small things which finally turned out to be non-issues. Will they accept the DD, the I-134, the Police certificate etc.
One of my affidavits did not have the name of the person. It just had the signature. I was worried about this too. I was using my middle name as my last name for the past one year(Refer toprasad "Name Confusion - Srifx, Gc Dreamer & Others Please Help" 8/11/01 8:02pm). My employment letter was issued in my new name while my passport was showing my old name. No problem here too. No documentary proof was required. I had mentioned my passport name in OF 230. Mentioned new name under "Alternate names".

I am still in India. I\'ll be entering US in a couple of days and will be happy to answer any questions you might have.

-Red Monk

Order of Documents

Congrats Red Monk, what is the order of documents as of Packet 4? I received Packet 4 (appt letter and Irs 9003) but it does not contain the list or order of documents.

Thanks.