Successfull H1B Stamping Experience in Toronto

tohemen

Registered Users (C)
Cases:
#. F1( without Masters, Discontinued) went to India for 2 month and came back on H4. H4 to H1B.
#. H1B Revalidation.2nd Stamping.

I had interview on 12th Jan in toronto, and got the Visa stamped with out any problems.
Our appointment was at 10.00am. we went to scotia Bank which is like 2 blocks from embassy at around 8.30am paid the fees and came to consulate.They allow everyone regardless of your timing of appointment.Initially Clerck took the documents like Passport , I797 and DS form.
The clerk asked us more questions than the VO ...she asked my wife about the OPT card which is like a 4 yr back thing, so this means if you have done your MS in the US, no matter what even if its your 3rd H1 stamping just carry it with you, coz u never know ...coz my wife was taken aback since she was not carrying it. Also Clerk told me that my photo doesn't look okay so i need a new photo. They have a photo machine in consulate which is horrible and gives ur picture as if you are one goon and machine accepts only $5/- Canadian Bill. so make sure when you visit the consulate carry atleast 2-3 $5/- bill. Coz once u enter the consulate u cannot go out.

After giving Documents to clerk we were seated. the place has like 30-40 chairs but u will find around 70-80 ppl waiting in one small hall. after about 15 mins our name was called on counter 4 for fingerprints. and again we are asked to sit. by the time we came back to our sit to our surprise our sit was taken by someone so we had to stand. very close to the counters where Interviews were happening. there were 3 VO's. 2 Lady and One guy. GUy was calling all the applicants from paksitan and other type of visa and 2 ladies were calling H1B applicants from india. thats what i saw as i was there for about 30-35 mins standing. One thing i observed that before calling your name they check the passport and do something on comp for about 2-3 mins and then call ur name. when i saw my & my wife's passport to counter 3 lady i was wondering why she is not calling our name.( Note You can easily see if you are close to Interview Counter and hear what they are asking) . finally she called our name.

Interview with VO
me & my wife : Good Morning
VO- good Morning ( Smiled)
VO to my wife- Since when r u on H1
My wife- xx xxxx
VO- Which school did you go to
My wife- univ of xxxx
VO - Where did u guys meet?
Both - We met in XXX university. went to school together.( me and my wife went to same university in US, and she must have seen that on our passport)
VO to me - since when are you on H1
Me: Since xx xxxx
VO- Everything looks good,you are all set to go,please pay your fee and gave the green slip.
Me & My Wife: Have a Nice Day.
VO- Thank You , You too.

Paid $100 in cash for me and my wife as Issuance fee on 3rd Floor.Next day went at 2.30pm to collect passport and I-797.we were out by 9.50am.

Note: they don't give passport on same day.

Thats all , just cake walk, we dint even open the folder which had truck load of papers...
and a note, if you plan to go for stamping no need to get scared or have dark cricles under your eyes if you have all the paper work...the VO wont bother much but the clerk might kinda try to dig your history , the day we went , we saw no rejection except some tourist Visa's.
No H1 B's were rejected to be precise

At POE, it took us more time than Consulate. we reachedPOE at 5 pm. They made us sit for like 1 hr which felt like 3-4 hrs.there were about 15 ppl ahead of us.they called our name and gave our passport back with the same I-94 which came with I-797, didn't ask even a single question.so i did ask them " won't we get a new I-94" the office said it doesn;t matter since date on both is same.
we wished him good day and came to US.

If you need more info about anything in particular let me know ... by the way we went to Toronto by car....and stayed at Days INN (Downtown).