Successful interview, Mumbai Nov 26, POE Houston

gcOgc

Registered Users (C)
The whole experience was smooth and similar to previous posts. Did medicals at Lilavati and photos at My Own Studio. All fine.

On the interview date, we showed up at 9:00 AM for the 9:30 AM appointment. Upon entering the consulate, we went to counter 10 and submitted the appointment letter. Then, waited until 11:20 AM. Called in for the to submit our papers. The only question she asked was which company I work for. Photos were accepted readily. Waited for another 2 hrs! Oath at 1:30 PM. Paid the fees in $. Was asked to fill out a form with information about bill denominations & numbers because I was paying in $.

There is a benefit to showing up early, because the couple that came at 8:15 AM were done with their oath at 12:15.

Five employment based interviews on that day. All were approved without problems. Only one person had to get new pictures taken by the in-house photographer. He did not have his pics taken at My Own Studio!

Afternoon, they called us at 3:30 PM. But, the window did not open until 4:40 PM. Then, they took a while to actually hand them out. No point showing up at 3:30 PM.

Port of entry at Houston was a breeze. Counter 32 is for new immigrants (like Deepshikha mentioned).

Thanks to the all for keeping this board rich with valuable content.

Good luck to all in the queue.

gcOgc