Successful CP/ PoE SFO

Zapit

Registered Users (C)
Had successful CP interview at Mumbai in Jan end.
Lady officer (American) was very courteous, asked to raise my right hand first, gave oath, and then asked, what I do in my job, and If my employer is taking good care of me. Indian Lady officer with her was courteous too. My photos were rejected but allowed me to submit photos after interview.

Did photos inside consulate, Rs 200 per person. (once inside you cannot go out)

Entered the US on Fe 29th at SFO after over a month vacation.
The immigration officer took our signatures and fingerprints and stamped our passports with the 1-year stamp.

There is a separate line for new immigrants at SFO. Did not this know first.

I did not do photo at my own studio as many had suggested on this forum, since it meant long travel just for photos, Photos were rejected, though photographer claimed he knows immigration photos, He returned money afterwards as promised (bit hesitantly)
Somebody said right, Do not go to photographer who does not know, what is immigration photo requirements are and one who does not use or have tripod.

One more thing, I carried cash $$ for fee, Once inside, one lady (directing to form queues inside) told me that they do to accept cash and certainly not $$! But cashier accepted the $ bills. He asked to write down all serial numbers of the $ bills.

Thanks to all on this forum valuable advice & information. Thanks to KD, Raju who are promptly posting replies even after they are through.

Zapit.

Zapit,

Congratulations on your success!

With SFO you would get your welcome letters and the card
in about a months time.

In the meanwhile go to your nearest SS Admin. office with
the passport and apply of your new SS card (the number remains
the same) and also for your dependents if applicable.

Raju

zapit:

Congratulations and now live life king size! Enjoy your stay in usa as gc holder!