Successful CP on Jan 28 in Mumbai

saheb

Registered Users (C)
The experience was nearly similar to the other CPers.

PCC - Got it from Indian consulate in Chicago. The officer did collect it.

Medical - done at Hinduja. Very straightforward process. Don\'t forget to take the first page of the passport though.

Documents asked - as indicated by others.

Interview questions- Name of the petitioner, your position in the company, and what do you do. 35 seconds of interview time.

The consular officer also mentioned that I did not visit India for a period of 6.5 years. I replied that my parents visted us twice. He then asked us to pay at the cashier and come at 3:00 p.m.

POE, Detroit - Relatively rude young officer. Asked me that why I did not return to India after practical training. I replied that I liked what I was doing here. He then indicated that I did not visit India for a long period. When I replied that my parents visited twice, he asked whether they too liked staying here. I did not like when he said that. I kept mum. He asked me again. I replied no. He then said here is your temporary greencard stamp and you would receive your plastic card within 6 months.

Best of Luck to all the future CPers. Don\'t worry. Just carry all the documents. Have a separate folder for you and your wife.

congratulations

did you apply AC140? how long did it take for I824 receipt to arrive and how long until interview?Time line would be appreciated
thanks

No Title

Yes, I applied under AC140. It took about 4 weeks to get the I824 receipt (a little longer due to the September 11 incident) and about 3 more months to get the interview. It could have taken 1 month less if my application would have reached Mumbai consulate 1 week earlier. But no regrets. In all it took 4 months since the day I applied fo I824.

No Title

Saheb - thanks for the info. I have one more question.
what do you mean by it would have taken 1 month less? Is there a certain date your application must arrive at the consulate?

No Title

Typically, if the application reaches the consulate after the 15th of the month the interview gets postponed by a month. In my case, it reached the consulate on October 22, 2001 and I got my interview date on Jan 28, 2002. If it had reached before Oct 15th, 2001 then I could have got interview in December 2001.

Regarding your attorney certified cp

Thanks for the explaination . Congrats on ur approval. I would like to know what exactly did u submit for hardship. I am very curious to know about that...Please reply as early as possible to srikrishna90@hotmail.com

what is the best way to mail P3

Is FEDEX ok? how long does it take? should I send it to the address mentioned on DS230 form? does it have to be addressed to some dept?
thanks

No Title

Nothing. They don\'t ask at all why we decided to change from AOS to CP processing.

If they would have asked me that question, I was going to answer that I might have to travel abroad for company business and it is more convenient to travel after immigration issues are taken care of. But don\'t worry they have about 35-40 seconds per applicant to ask questions. They usually only ask 3 questions - name of the petitioner, your position, and what you do.

planning for for cp

My I140 is about to get approval. I have not decided whether I should go for CP (mumbai) or not. I have also not specified while applying for I140 that I would go for CP. Can some advice me , if it will be good idea to go for CP, will it be a good idea to go for CP when I have not said so in my I140 application, does it matter.I want my GC as fast as possible.

No Title

I think CP is much better. I was in a similar situation. Didn\'t mention CP on I-140. If you belong to Mumbai jurisdiction you don\'t have to wait for I-824 approval. Just send P3 along with I-824 receipt and they will give you an interview date within 2-3 months after receiving P3. Hope this helps. Also check immihelp.com for more detailed description of procedures.

any changes in procs regarding pkt3?

bluegrass and others, i too did not specify on I140. so going to
file I824 and then will send AC140+I824 receipt and pkt3 to mumbai.
has there been any changes in pkt3 related procedure? I heard
that now you need to send pk3 to NVC. you can not send it to
consulate directly. Is that true? if so, will it slow down CP
significantly? Even immihelp.com is not upto date with latest info.

not sure what the case is

I thought you could still send P3 to mumbai with I824 receipt. where did you get this info from?

look like thats how it is..

I got that impression while i was checking out other thread
"how to track Packet 3 once we send it back to NVC". But appears
that change, if at all (?!) is only for normal CP.
But some of the things abt CP are really confusing..Thanks to this
site. it clears out lots of confusion. I think by now i know more
than my lawyers do.

CP process

can someone tell me how to set up an interview with the Mumbai consulate and also what the waiting time for an interview is right now.....would greatly appreciate your help.....

Please help urgently!!!

Dear GCVOYAGER,
I am about to apply for i140 and want to make a well informed choice re: CP. I am desperately looking for info. Could you please, if you don\'t mind, contacting me at dev28@yahoo.com. I would really appreciate your help.
dev

please help urgently

Dear Chitra,
mind sharing some notes with respect to these quesitions:

1. How much of a gain in terms of time are we talking about if we were to choose CP instead of AOS?
that ofcourse is in the usual course.

2.If one is rejected or has been asked to provide more papers at the consular processing, what do we next? How much of a delay in the usaul course are we talking about?

3.My understanding is, if we go for GC by CP, we are automatically IN-elligible for work permit? Am i right?

4.What is AC140? Is form 825 the form for CP? In general, what are the steps for CP?

5.I heard Nebraska is awfully slow in processing I825, is that so?

6. I have also heard that if we change our mind to go for AOS after initially opting for CP, we should expect delays as the INS would have sent our file to National Visa Center already? If we change our mind, it might take time for them to recall the file from NVC, which has created extensive delays in many due o poor communication between INS and NVC.

some more queries....

mind sharing some notes with respect to these quesitions:

1. How much of a gain in terms of time are we talking about if we were to choose CP instead of AOS?
that ofcourse is in the usual course.

2.If one is rejected or has been asked to provide more papers at the consular processing, what do we next? How much of a delay in the usaul course are we talking about?

3.My understanding is, if we go for GC by CP, we are automatically IN-elligible for work permit? Am i right?

4.What is AC140? Is form 825 the form for CP? In general, what are the steps for CP?

5.I heard Nebraska is awfully slow in processing I825, is that so?

6. I have also heard that if we change our mind to go for AOS after initially opting for CP, we should expect delays as the INS would have sent our file to National Visa Center already? If we change our mind, it might take time for them to recall the file from NVC, which has created extensive delays in many due o poor communication between INS and NVC.

7. What is packet 3? Are there Packets 1 and 2 as well?

8.Between the time of intimation of interview and the actual interview itself, how long is the time gap? Does the INS inform you could now set up an interview or does it inform your interview at the designated consulate is on so and so date?