successful cp on feb 11th in bombay--ac140

greencardca

Registered Users (C)
hi,

sorry for the late post. had a successful interview on feb 11th in mumbai. finally the whole green card thing is over!!

the details are as follows:

did medicals in lilavati on feb9th. went at 7:30ma and the finished off whole process at 10;30am. the staff is extremely helpful. medicals consist of blood and Bp check-up, height-weight measurements and x-ray. there is also a brief checkup with a doctor--this is more of a formality. got reports at 4:30pm. anyone can go anf pick up the reports and u can also pick up the reports next day.

after medicals went to breach candy for photos at my own studio-got photos done in half an hour for Rs.250. the studio is closed between 1-2:30pm.

went on the 11th to the consulate at 7:45 am . had the interview scheduled for 8:15am. but still had to stand in a long line with all other immigrant interview appointments. got in the consulate at around 8am. take all documents in plastic bags or the security people trouble you. paid draft inside --had got drafts done in india from a foriegn bank. then had to sit for a really long time--(lots of people--mostly family based cases ) to get documents checked. the only documnets asked for were ds part 1, police clearance. copy of birth certificate--checked original, marriage certificate--checkd original.

ok will complete posting later

the only documnets asked for were ds part 1, police clearance. copy of birth certificate--checked original, marriage certificate--checkd original.

Probably employment letter as well, right?

Congratulations!!

greencardca:

HEartiest congrats and live life king size. Enjoy your stay while aapli mumbai@

greencardca,

Congratulations !!!

How long did the consulate take to accept your AC140 case. Our papers were received by them on Jan 24th and it is still not accepted. I spoke to them on feb 15th and they asked me to call back after 2 days to get the case no. I tried to call on thursday and friday and couldn't get thru. I will call agin on sunday night.

thanks

ash1234:

Normally it takes about 4-5 weeks after you have mailed the AC I-140 packet, for consulates to accept your AC I-140 case. Again you were told to call back after 15th feb is bcoz it is around 15th of the month that the interview dates are publilshed for the next month and hence much of the staff is busy with auditing those dates to make sure everything published is correct.

When you call them on sunday night ask them for your BMB number...which should be like BMB2004xxxxx and expect interview in about 2-2.5 months from time this BMB number is issued!