Successful CP Interview, December 18, 2003, Mumbai Consulate

kkulkar

Registered Users (C)
Hello Guys!!

Extremely sorry for posting my interview details so late. Here it goes:

We (Me and my wife) had my medicals done on December 1, 2003 at Hinduja Hospital. We reached there at 7:10 AM, inquired with the help-desk. Receptionist told us to fill the forms. Unfortunately forms were missing but she helped us in that. We filled the forms and paid Rs. 1700/- in cash per person. She gave us the receipts and told us to go to 3rd floor. On 3rd floor, we were informed to sit in a TV room in Section IV. We waited there for 5-10 minutes. A nurse checked in and took us for vitals and vaccinations. She took our original appointment letter and informed us that they will hand it over after our physical exam. The staff was very cordial and efficient. They drew some blood and gave us MMR Shots. No problems there. Afterwards we were led in a group for chest x-ray. This activity took a little bit longer. After this was done, we were taken back to the 3rd floor and to our surprise, we were given a very nice break-fast. After break-fast, we left for My Own Photo Studio (near US Consulate) and took our emergency immigration pictures (Rs. 250/- for eight pictures) and we got those in 30 minutes back. We again went back to Hinduja Hospital at 1.30 PM for physicals. We were called in at 2:15 PM and, to be very honest, were just primarily checked and some few questions about surgeries and treatments (Meaning Heavy and including TB). Within 5 minutes we were handed the reports and they gave us the original appointment letter.

Our Interview was on December 18, 2003. We checked in Mumbai with our relatives on December 17, 2003. I went through my Labor Certification Application few times to remember my job-duties!!! And also checked our documentation. Next day, we reached consulate at 8:00 AM and as usual was asked by security to back up in the queue, I told him we have immigrant visa appointment, so he allowed us to go to the consulate door. At the door the security guard informed us that my wife can not take even a tiny leather purse and she had to deposit it at Raj Pavillion (Nearby Pandoll). By that time, some other lady checked my letter and asked me to come in. We had a little bit of argument about my 4 year old daughter (BTW- she is US Citizen). She was saying that she will not allow our daughter to be with us even though she is a US citizen. So I was slightly irritated and asked her if she can take care of the child. Finally she relented and said she will manage !!! (I tell you, some people are so haughty, specially working with Gora Log).

Once inside Consulate, We were asked to go to Window 14 for depositing our letters. We were told to sit in front of windows 10,11 and 12. On that Day, there were 50 immigration cases hence there was a lot of crowd. Consulate Staff at 10,11 and 12 started calling interviewees at around 8:00 AM. Some people took awfully long time to complete their documentation. We waited patiently and were finally called to submit our documents at around 12:00 PM by a lady. She was very polite and patient. First she verified my documents and followed by my wife's. Our documentation exercise took only 10 minutes. Only those documents that were mentioned in letter were called in. My visa had expired on 1st December 2003 with 6 years completion but the lady at the counter did not ask for any proof of continuation.

At 12:15 PM, we were asked to go to window 9. There was a American Lady with an Indian Lady. Even before we started our interview, the Indian Lady pushed DS 230-Part 2 and asked us to sign them. Then the American Lady asked us to raise right hands for swearing in then asked us following questions.

1. How are you?
2. Who is your employer?
3. How long you have been with company
4. What is your job title?
5. How large is your company?
6. What is your education qualification?
7. How much is your professional experience?

After hearing the answer to question 8, she turned sentimental. She commented that time flies away. I gently reminded her that I am still in mid-thirties so she laughed and clarified that she was talking about herself. Then she asked about my Company location and my client location. After hearing Houston, she commented that her sister lived in Houston and she had not visited her there. I told her to visit Houston !!!

At that point of time, she said “Your Papers are in Order, Sir!!. Your Visa is approved and you can collect your papers 3:30 PM”. The whole interview lasted for just 2-3 minutes. I collected our passports at 3:50 PM and checked for any spelling mistakes. No problems there.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Rajiv Khanna for building, supporting and maintaining this site. This is really wonderful site. Special thanks to Krish!!

We are flying back on 29th December 2003 and POE is Houston !!!

Congratulations!!

One quick question please, did you have to submit any photograph for you & your wife at the Hinduja hospital for the medicals?

Thanks
titu

Congrats!!!!!

kkulkar,

Congratulations!!!!

My interview is scheduled for Jan 28th...

Will talk to u when u get back.

Interview date procedure

Hi Guys,
Anyone, please help me. I have sent the AC 140 package along with DS230 partI to US Consulate Delhi, they registered my case & alloted case # and sent the DS 2002 form (instructions for immigrant visa application).

I am not sure if I have to sign this form & send back to US Consulate Delhi for getting interview date?? Please advice what's the procedure for getting interview date??

Please respond.

Thanks.

Congrats Kkulkar

Good to hear about the successful outcome of your process. This gives me something to cheer till my interview on Jan 15.

One question: Did they ask anything about having spouse's name in the passport? Or dependent's name for that matter?

KAT02.

kkulkar:

HEARTIEST CONGRATS! I am sure you will agree that CP interview was the best pasrt of the entire GC / any immigration process!!

2-3 minutes of interview wipes out 2-3 years of waiting in the LC and I-140 line!

I guess houston weather is waiting for you!

Will talk to you soon!

goyal:

I think this question has been explained by raju595 in another thread where this question was posted

Basically the form is form ds-2001. Dont worry about not signing it especially bcoz they have issued you a nwd case number! Only 2.5 months of wait until your interview is scheduled!

Guys!!

I absolutely agree with KD1403. This is really worth it.

No, nobody did ask me about spouse name in my passport.