Successful CP interview at Mumbai on June 18

endOfTheRope

Registered Users (C)
My experience has not been very different from other CPers so I will list some observations/peculiarities.

Upon admittance, I was asked to go to Window # 10. However, the officials at these windows were calling out people. Finally, went to the window when I got an opportunity and later my name was called. The only jarring note in an otherwise well organized process. The person at the window was a very nice guy who was making small jokes ! In contrast the security guys are very rude (as previously reported by others).

The interview was very brief with a couple of questions regarding my employer.

*** IMP ***
* Local PCC was not asked of me although the person ahead of me ( Hi Brian !) who as from outside Mumbai was asked - My local address is Mumbai.
* The photos that I carried were rejected by the officer. The consulate has in house facility and I got them made there. (Good idea to carry Indian currency for these stuff - Rs 200 for 5 snaps; Photocopy is Rs 5/copy)
* Absolutely no electronics items allowed in the premises.
* Certificates asked were Marriage Cert, Birth Cert, Employment Letter, Affidavit of Support (for spouse)
* They didn\'t ask for any other documents (although one should carry all the docs mentioned in the cover letter of P4)

The POE process was very cool and straight-forward.

congrats! POE question

COngrats.
HOw long did it take at POE?

my POE will be at washington, dulles airport. I have my connecting flight in 2 hours. Do u think that would be enough

THanks
JK

congrats! POE question

COngrats. HOw long did it take at POE? my POE will be at washington, dulles airport. I have my connecting flight in 2 hours. Do u think that would be enough THanks JK

2 hours may be tight ....

.... although the process itself is very quick the wait time may vary. For example, when we walked in there were 3 ladies waiting for the same thing. Immediately after us a family of 5 and 2 others walked in ! Still I think we were done in less than an hour even though the family was called before we were.

Remember though that you would need to take your baggage, complete customs and then check-in for your onward journey.

Good-luck

congrats and question abt PCC

congrats endOfTheRope.
one question - u said guy infront was asked for local PCC. was he in employment based category and from USA, like u? or was he from india? I am under impression that US Consulate is not asking for local PCC any more from applicants who are already in US! thanks.