Successful CP in Mumbai on May 23

enthu29

Registered Users (C)
I had a successful CP at Mumbai on the 23rd. The whole process was smooth and as described by others in this bulletin board. I would recommend Lilavati for Medicals...very professional staff and smooth process.

There was a talk about local PCC being required but thankfully, we were not asked for it. The documents asked were -

1. DS230 Part I and II
2. Notarized Letter of Employment
3. PCC (from Indian consulate in the US was enough)
4. Affidavit of support for spouse and kid
5. Marriage Certificate
6. Birth Certificate

I will be happy to answer any specific question you might have.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! enthu29

Hi enthu29,

I\'m expecting my interview in August. One question for you is that, how much time it took for you to get medicals, I mean did you got your reports same day? The vaccine report for your kid from us(??) was valid and didn\'t got any shots even though the immunization system is different in US than India (we get tons of polio shots in India)?
Also where did you stayed in Mumbai (if you are not from Mumbai)????
Appreciate your reply

No Title

Thanks for posting this message. I think there was a lot of confusion regarding local PCC. This cleary notes that we do not need get a local PCC if we are staying in US.

Medicals at Lilavati

We got the medical reports the same day at Lilavati at 3.30 pm. The vaccination report from the US for the kid was valid. I did not stay in a hotel, if that is what you wanted to know.

what were all the things that u had required to take to Lilavati??

How many photos did u require.Are they needed in immigration style.??

Shanks

Congratulations enthu29, One question

Recently someone posted in immhelp.com forum & our P3 instructions says that you need PCC from India, tgoug I am in USA at present.

But your posting comes as big relieve. Do you know someone on same interview day been asked to produce PCC from India as well. Any comments...

Thanks

Three photos for each applicant.

Yes, they need to be in the immigratio style. You can even get these done inside the consulate while you are waiting for your name to be called.

No

None of the other applicants were asked for local PCC on that date. But if P3 or P4 now specifically asks for it, then that is the new rule and they will definitely ask for it. My I-140 was approved in Novembet 2001 and I was not asked for Local PCC.

enthu29..thanks for the prompt reply..

for mediclas too, do we need to have photos in immigration style

Shanks.

enthu29 ..Did they ask for the pay stubs?

Is it required that the current pay (including all benefits) equal the pay mentioned in the LC? What if your current pay is less than that mentioned in LC but is as per the pay mentioned in the LCA for H-1 visa? What questions did the officials ask you? Would appreciate your input on above.

Notarized Employment Letter

How does one get a notarized employment letter? I took my original employment letter to the bank clerk and she wouldn\'t notarize it because the signature on it was not of mine but my HR Manager. How did you guys manage it?

Please let me know. Thanks.

DS 230 - II Questions -

Hey Enthu29
I would appreciate if you could answer these questions.
(Others feel free to contribute if you know the answers or if there are any anomalies)
1. (29 on DS230-II - Name and Address of Petitioner) : Whats the answer for that for me and my spouse ?
According to me, for me it will be my employer ... and for my wife ... I don\'t know if it should be my name or my employer\'s ? Please verfiy ?

2. Q:33a regarding SSN ... I have answered YES that I have an SSN .... Now I do have a SSN card and do not require a new one .... but it says that
" Do you want the Social Security Administration to assign you an SSN (and issue a card)
or issue you a new card (if you have an SSN)? You must answer "Yes" to this question
and to the "Consent To Disclosure" in order to receive an SSN and/or card.
"
Should I be answering Yes or NO ? Please verify the same for 33a and 33b.

I-134 Questions

Do me and my spouse both have to fill in the I-134?
If Yes,...
We both are working and so how do we fill in I-134 .....
Should I be the one who is being sworn and should I mention my name as being the person for whom the affidavit is being executed ?
Should my spouse do the same too (since she is working also) ?
Or should I execute the affidavit for my spouse since she is dependent on me for getting the immigrant visa ?

Please clarify you all .
Thanks,
Ramrak.

Should current pay equal the pay as per LC??

Is it required that the current pay (including all benefits) equal the pay mentioned in the LC? What if your current pay is less than that mentioned in LC but is as per the pay mentioned in the LCA(done recently) for H-1 visa? Would appreciate any input on above.

pay

current pay is only related to H1B (Labor condition application). Green card is based on future salary (labor certification) and thus current salary can be higher or lower than the future salary.
My 2c worth. I am not a lawyer.

But your employment letter should clearly say that on approval of IV they will pay you as per LCA

watchTSC

FWIW:
My friend was asked for local PCC on 22nd. He had pcc from indian consulate and so he is now trying to get local pcc and attend interview again. He did say that there are three counters for submitting documents and only couple other guys were asked for local PCC.

question for enthu29

May seem somewhat silly but here\'s my Q:

Did they ask you and your spouse for the documents separately or together?

I\'m trying to decide if I should arrange them in the order specified in P4 or the one in SriFx list - 7 different folders(!).