Successful CP in Mumbai on May\'20

Aakash Aakash

Registered Users (C)
Just wanted to share my experience on this message board. This message board has been very helpful to me.
I had my Green Card interview scheduled in Mumbai on May\'20th. I and my wife did all our medical checkup at Lilavati, Bandra on May\'15. Medical checkup was a very smooth process. We reached Lilavati at 8:00am in the morning and were done by 11:00am. We collected our reports at 3:30pm the same day.
Our interview was on May\'20 at 10:30am. We reached the Embassy at 10:15am. They checked our appointment letter and let us in.
My pkt. 4 was processed through NVC St. Loius, so my application fees were already paid, but I didn\'t carry receipt with me, so I had some hard time convincing them that I had paid the application fees.
So I will advice people to carry receipt of the application fees if they are already paid.
Later I submitted all my documents at the counter, They just need the basic documents that are listed in the Pkt.4 which we had from the US Embassy.

Also NOTE they also ask for local PCC. I didn\'t had one. Later I and my wife were interviewed and the Consular made us take the oath and everything and later she asked for local PCC. I tried to explain her that I was told we don\'t need it, and the local Police in Mumbai don\'t issue PCC. The consular refused to listen and told me to get a denial letter from the local Police stating that "They are not authorize to issue PCC". I said ok, and then rushed to get the denial letter from the local Police Station one for me and one for my wife. It took us half day to gather these documents from 2 Police station and we again went back to the Embassy the following day on May\'21.
This time, we submitted the denial letters from the local Police station and we were granted Green Card in the afternoon with no further interviews. So except PCC, our whole process was very smooth. I will strongly urge everybody to have a local PCC. Don\'t trust what the embassy tells you, I had a written letter from them, stating that we don\'t need local PCC, but they don\'t listen.

Let me know, if you have any questions.
Thank You all of you for answering many of my questions during the whole Green Card process.

No Title

I sympathize with you. I had the exact experience. Was asked for Local PCC. Are you from Mumbai? at least you were lucky and were able to get it done in mumbai itself. We had to travel to Ahmedabad to get local PCC.
Anyway, all is done now.

No Title

Hi Akash, congrats !
Do you know if we have to produce the PCC\'s from all over the places we lived since the age of 16 ?

Congratulations Akash!!!!

One question regarding PCC :-

What all documents do you need to get Local PCC or what they ask for? Your answer is highly appreciated since this is big issue going over in this forum and everybody is concern about this.

Thanks a lot. Enjoy your freedom.

Did you finally get a local PCC or just a denial letter?

If in fact you did get just a denial letter, can you tell us if the letter is generic or did it have your name on it? Would also appreciate any details about how to go about getting that letter...

Thanks.

Aakash,why 2 police stations?

Did U hv to submit 2 PPC\'s ? Do we hv to submit PCC for all stays after the age of 16 ? What documents do the Police station ask for ?