Successful CP at Chennai

sudden

Registered Users (C)
Hello folks,

Thanks to all the wonderful responses at immigrationportal.com. Had a very pleasant experience with CP at Chennai on 18th December. Thought I'd share it with you. If anybody has any questions, please feel free to ask away.

The experience was as painless as it could possibly have been. We reached the consulate at 8:00 AM (which was the interview time as mentioned in the letter). There was a queue of about 20 to 30 people outside, but we were let in because of our baby. Went straight into the AC hall. Another line is formed at the window to present the docs - there again, we were asked to come first because of the baby - gave the docs (originals) to the lady (DF-230 Part 1 and 2, birth certificates, marriage certificates, police clearance certificates, bank statements, paystubs, tax returns, employment letter, medical records) and were asked to sit and wait (we had to pay Rs.16,415 via demand draft (I had taken that with me) for my son's application (I had added my son, who was born in India in September, just a week before the interview) - I had already paid the NVC for myself and my wife) . Waited for about 20 mts - the consular officer came in and asked us all to raise our hands and swear that all the information was true and asked us to sign the DF230 Part II in front of him. Having done that, we waited for about another 1/2 an hour. Got called to another window where a guy went through our originals and asked if we wanted any of them back - I wanted the birth and marriage certificates, so he took copies of those from me and returned the originals and collected Rs.400 cash for the courier and asked us to wait. Another hour and our names were called - went to the counter where the woman said we could go home and that the passports and documents would reach us via courier the next day. Simple as that! Not even a single question was asked. Planning POE at SFO by mid-jan.

Good luck to all you CP'ers!

-Sudden

Congrats

Sudden,

Everthing happened pretty suddenly.

Congrats for becoming a proud parent and getting GC in the same year. I am sure both are pretty good and invaluable Christmas Presents.

Happy New Year to you and your family.

Thanks.