successful cp at chennai

espy00

Registered Users (C)
Hi everybody,

my wife and I had out consular processing interview on the 19th of June at Chennai. It was a very smooth process. Some notes:

I had originally arranged the docs accorinding to the srifx list, but the packet 4 specifies a different order. So, I arranged it according to the pkt 4 list while i was waiting in the consulate ( the pkt 4 list was not mailed to my local address).

DDs: I had already paid $260 to the NVC. So, i had taken a DD for $65 (and NOT $75). One person had taken a DD for $75 (335-65) and I think was asked to get a new DD for $65.

PCC: I had obatained a PCC from the Indian consulate in SF for my wife and me. Since my wife was in the US for only two months, we also obtained a PCC from Bangalore just to be safe. During the interview, the officer asked us why we obtained a PCC for my wife from Bangalore. I mentioned that i got it just to be on the safe side, he said that it wasnt necessary!
So, PCC from the Indian consulate here is enough!!

During the interview, i was asked for the recent paystubs. I was also asked for the 2000 tax records, since i had filed for an extension for 2001. I was then asked to sign two docs DS230-part 2 and another one which stated that i will go back and work for my employer (If anyone can post the exact text, that would be great).

At the POE at SF, there is a seperate line for new immigrants. I had my finger prints taken and my passport stamped.

I will be happy to answer any questions.

medicals

Congratulations espy00 on your successfull cp...

Enjoy your freedom..

Question about the medical tests..

Did you take all vaccinations and tests in chennai? If so, is 3 days enough to take the tests before the interview?

medicals

Congratulations espy00 on your successfull cp... Enjoy your freedom.. Question about the medical tests.. Did you take all vaccinations and tests in chennai? If so, is 3 days enough to take the tests before the interview?

Congrats espy, got one question

Hi,
 Where did you get your medicals done? Was it at Chennai? Can you get the lab tess and doctor visit done on the same day? Let me know.
Thanks.

medicals

Thanks dudewaitinggc and GCChennaiGuy. I got my medicals done in Chennai. Got the blood test and Xrays done at Lister Labs. You dont need an appt. You need to have a passport photo, the application form, passport and appt letter and go there before 10.30 am. I got the results at around 5.30 and went to meet Dr Mathai Thomas the same day. He gave me and my wife a couple of vaccinations, including MMR, which we had already taken!!! In fact my wife had taken the MMR only a week before! Anyways, we were done at around 7.30 with the medicals.

So, yes you could do the lab tests and medicals in one day.

what document did u exactly sign?

Congrats!
Did this document mention that u have to work for 6 months for the current employer?

doc

thanks. it did not say that i have to work for 6 months for the current employer. it said that once i go back (to the US) I will report to my employer. and if there is a change in my employment status (while in india) i will report it the nearest US consulate.

Again, if others could post the text (or if the document had any more info) that would be great.

espy00 - Can you please answer my question?

I had an interview in Chennai on 18th June. In Chennai consulate, the immigration officer stapled a copy of my green card style photo to my passport. This is one of the three photos that we all submitted during the interview. I returned to US on 23rd June from JFK airport. No one at the airport took that photo and the photo is still stapled to my passport. I am wondering what is the purpose of that photo. Was someone at the airport (when fingerprinting) supposed to take that photo? Did you have the same experience?

Thanks.

Don't Worry

Don't worry about the photo. Your plastic card will arrive fine. Samething happened to me. Nobody cared about my photo and I got my plastic without any problems.

Don\'t Worry

Don\'t worry about the photo. Your plastic card will arrive fine. Samething happened to me. Nobody cared about my photo and I got my plastic without any problems.

Mathai is a creep

Congrats espy00,

I have always stated that Mathai is a creep. He doesn\'t care if you\'ve had the MMR. Other docs accept the US vaccines. His excuse to us was that "your date of US vaccine was more than 1 year old". He could not have used that excuse with you. So obviously he is LYING. Each MMR costs money and that\'s is his motivation.

Anyways, good luck for your future.

I agree Srifx. When I attended the interview one guy had a horrible experience with him and had to wait 2 weeks to get
the clearence. I would strongly recommend Dr. V or somebody else on the list. She is pretty flexible.

No Title

I agree Srifx. When I attended the interview one guy had a horrible experience with him and had to wait 2 weeks to get the clearence. I would strongly recommend Dr. V or somebody else on the list. She is pretty flexible.

thanks srifx!

Thanks a lot, Srifx, and good luck to you too. and also thanks for the doc list. it was pretty helpful. we were pretty upset with Mathai too.

And netuser, my photo is stapled to the passport too, and nobody took it. so dont worry. good luck.