Successful CP at Chennai on the 27th

bangaloreman

Registered Users (C)
Guys, had a successful interview at Chennai on the 27th. Awaiting my passport and packet. Will post the details in a few days.

A note for the future candidates, please carry your W2's, pay stubs and bank statement(the one that comes in the mail) with you. Photographs are accepted from Foto India ONLY. Do not waste time anywhere else. Thanks to GCSucks2003 for posting the information about Foto India. Everyone else was asked to redo their photos. The consulate guy was surprised that I had mine done at Foto India. Foto India is at the intersection of Kodambakkam High Road and Nungambakkam High Road. If you are staying at Palm Grove Hotel its walking distance from there.

Thanks to all the gurus in the forum and everybody who participates. This forum rocks!!

One final question - does the consulate send seperate packets for the primary and secondary applicant. My wife will be travelling later and I forgot to tell the guy at the window. Will this be a problem?

Originally posted by bangaloreman
Guys, had a successful interview at Chennai on the 27th. Awaiting my passport and packet. Will post the details in a few days.

A note for the future candidates, please carry your W2's, pay stubs and bank statement(the one that comes in the mail) with you. Photographs are accepted from Foto India ONLY. Do not waste time anywhere else. Thanks to GCSucks2003 for posting the information about Foto India. Everyone else was asked to redo their photos. The consulate guy was surprised that I had mine done at Foto India. Foto India is at the intersection of Kodambakkam High Road and Nungambakkam High Road. If you are staying at Palm Grove Hotel its walking distance from there.

Thanks to all the gurus in the forum and everybody who participates. This forum rocks!!

One final question - does the consulate send seperate packets for the primary and secondary applicant. My wife will be travelling later and I forgot to tell the guy at the window. Will this be a problem?

bangaloreman ,

First let me congratulate you on your success.

I don't necessarily agree with the statement saying
'....ONLY Foto India photographs are accepted..' .
The forum would like to know what made you come to that
conclusion. Did anyone responsible at the Consulate actually
say that to you or anyone else??

The idea of giving multiple options for doctors or photo labs, is
to give the candidates the option of selecting the one best
suited per their convenience and schedules.

Now if you say a simple sentence as above, it throws lot of
confusion in the minds of those preparing to make this step.

Personally we have had our photos taken at KONICA labs
opp. the Chola Sharaton Hotel, and not only were they very
good (some one actually felt that the guy made them look like
models) , but also we did not have any problem at the Consulate.

In the same manner, candidates have had their photos at
several places without facing any issues. I am sure FOTO India
does it's job well. But I don't agree that all should go to them
ONLY.

Finally to answer your question, you and your wife would get
seperate visa packets. So travelling on different dates is not
an issue.

Raju

How many W2's are required for cp processing, and are the pay scripts from ins also a must.

Thanks in advance

Raju,

I'm thinking what he meant was that , photos other than from "Foto India " MAY NOT be accepted.

B'coz I saw several threads in this forum from ppl who had to redo their photos, and many of them suggested that ppl go to "Foto India" . There were also a few threads which said specifically that , DO NOT go to " CAMERA CITI" . Just a few pointers... Bangaloreman, plz respond when u have time..

ps: CONGRATS ... how abt throwing a party for all ur forum friends, eh... :D

There may be some problem with photos in other labs.

GCSucks2003, VA2 and other who recently attended interviews in chennai have specifically mentioned this.

We need to see why is it so.

Last edited by a moderator:
bangaloreman:

Congrats! I concur with raju and to add to his point make sure your wife returns to usa within 180 days from the date of your interview.

prash:

Since you are asking for a party, does that mean next month this time we can expect one from you? :D (joking)!!!

Guys, sorry if I caused any confusion. I am NOT saying that you should go only to Foto India. But for some reason the consulate seems to ask everyone who has not taken pictures from FI to redo it. I personally saw three cases where they were asked to redo the pictures(if that happens do not worry there is a photographer inside the consulate).

The guy who was collecting my documents was really surprised that I had gotten the pictures from FI(Thanks to GCSucks). I am thinking the consulate will put out soething pretty soon advising people to go to FI. Meanwhile I am just trying to point the future candidates in the right direction. You can go to any photo lab but if you want to avoid any issues stick to FI for now.

Prash57, good luck on your interview and we will see if we can get together for a party pretty soon...:)