Successful Chennai CP 15th Oct

Tomcatsimba

Registered Users (C)
CP Chennai Experience :)

Medical 11th Oct:

The experience getting medical done was pleasant. Went to Lister Laboratories at around 10AM...it took a few minutes only to give blood sample and have xray taken. After that went to Dr.Vijayalakshmi to get evening appointment. They will accept only if you have the lab reports and X-Ray from Lister. Got the lab report and X-Ray from Lister at 5.00PM and went to Dr.Vijayalakshmi. While she is talking to you about your illnesses, past vaccines etc. an assistant (sweet girl!) writes up the report. At 6.30 PM everything is done. We both got MMR shots. We were done with our medical in one day! Really very efficient! The less said about Quest here the better!

CP Interview 15th Oct

We reached the Consulate at 8.00AM on 15/10/04 as our appointment letter stated that time. When we eventually reached the section for Immigrant Visa applicants we found that we were the first to come. It was almost 15-20 minutes before others turned up. The counter opened at about 9.00AM and we went to the counter first. The indian officer was very polite and greeted us warmly.He told us clearly what he expects us to do (produce documents, answer quaetions to the point etc. etc.). When I presented the documents he expressed great satisfaction at the meticulous way in which I had arranged them with a copy following every original (thanks to other forum members who shared their experiences here and also immihelp.com). He asked what company I worked for and for how long. He asked for Canadian PCC (I was a permanent resident there once) , Pay slips for six months, Income Tax returns 1040, all H1b originals. He accepted when I told him that I had only 3 months of pay slips and only IRS Transcripts with me. He asked us to sign DS230 Part II and asked my wife to sign another document requesting for a SSN Number. He finally told me that all my documents are in order and we would be called in another 30 minutes. After about 30 minutes we were called to another counter where an American Officer was sitting. He greeted us warmly and told me that all my documents were Ok and well organized. He asked us casually about whether we liked the New Jersey weather in winter. Next he took our index figer prints and asked us to wait. After another 10 minutes he called us again and said: I have given you the visa and you can expect it in 2-3 days...he added 2-3 working days. We thanked him and left. That was it. Absolutely hassle free. I would strongly recommend everyone to go the CP way.

At POE 23rd Oct: :)

It was even easier at JFK than I thought. I presented my passport and sealed envelope to an officer manning windows for US Citizens. He opened the papers and corrected the place of residence to my US address (I had put in my India address) and asked me to wait. He took to me to a place where there were chairs and asked to be seated. I noticed that he dropped the papers in a window (Window # 50) near to where I was seated. After about 10 minutes a lady entered the window and asked me to come in. She took my index finger prints again and affixed the necessary stamps on the visa and passport. Welcomed me to the US and told me that was it! It took less than 2 minutes! Absolutely pleasant experience compared to the hell I went through in previous stages of this GC process (Labor and I140)!
:D

Good luck to all CP aspirants!

Tomcatsimba,
Did you have to do anything at all before Oct 11th to prepare for the medicals (other than paperwork)?
Thanks,

Congrats TomCatSimba! Thanks for posting the experience.

By the way what was your category EB2/EB3?

KovaiGC

Congratulations TomCatSimba!!!

Could you please let me know the document order you have arranged? As they were really happy the way your organize your documents, I would like to know the order from you as well. Thanks in advacne.

Regards,
Jeet

Documents Required:

This is what I took with me:

For each applicant (as applicable)
Appointment Letter from Consulate
DS230 Part I & II
Notarized Employment offer letter + Copy
3 GC Style Photos 2 of them signed
Marriage Certificate + Copy
3-4 Marriage Photos
Birth Certificates or Affidavits and Non-Availability Certificate + Copy
IRS 9003
3 Years Income Tax Transcripts + Copy
3 Years W2 + copy
6 months pay slips + copy *
Police Clearance Certificate + copy
Passport + copy
All past sas (H1, H4, Student Visa etc) + copy

*Although the officer asked for 6 months pay slips I told him I had only 3 months. He had no problems with that. But it is safer to take 6 months payslips anyway!

Optional
Experience Letters
Academic Certificates
Income Tax Returns 1040s
Company Brochures / Information
SSN Card

For US Born Kids: Kids need not be taken for interview
Passport + Copy
Birth Certificates + Copy
SSN Card + Copy

They did not ask me for any of the above for my US born kids!

Thanks so much for the list of documents TomCatSimba!!!. I didn't understand about IRS9003. Can you please tell me about it when ever you have some time.

Jeet

Irs 9003

IRS 9003 is a very simple one page document with 4-5 check boxes. No signature required. Alren may be right...it may longer be required. As we are giving past 3 years transcripts, W2s and pay stubs there should be no need for this. But no harm in taking it. It just contains the name and check boxes!!!