successful Ac-140 Feb19

LFG

Registered Users (C)
Friends,
Completed successful CP at Mumbai on 19st Feb 2003.Here are the details.

Entered consulate at about 8:30am, allowed. Paid $335*3 at counter #1, as ours was a AC-140. We were asked to wait in front of counter #10. There were majority of Family Based cases, as mentioned in the forum we were called at about 10:30am, a wait of about 2 hours. We were called at counter #12. The guy behind the counter was a trainee. Asked for original DS-230 Part I, we explained to him that it was included as part of Packet 3 and a photo copy should be sufficient. He then consulted some other guy and he explained to him that a photo copy should be okay.
Following are the documents asked-
1. DS 230 Part I & II
2. Birth Certificate
3. Marriage Certificate
4. PCC
5. Medical Reports.
6. Employment Verification Letter plus photo copy which will be attached to your dependents file.
7. Passports
8. 3 Photographs, you will be asked to sign across the pictures, the signatures should not be over the face.

Same documents for spouse with the addition of I-134.

It is helpful if these documents are taken as two seperate bunch so that you dont have to search through the folders that you carry.Space at the counter is limited. Submitting the documents took about 20 minutes.

There was a desi man and a American lady, American lady asked us whether we can speak English, replied Yes Maam, we were asked to Raise our Right Hand and take oath.

After that, we were asked to sign DS-230 Part II, she asked the name of the company and my qualifications, when they ask for qualifications, i guess they want to know what kind of work do you do for the company, i.e job responsibilities.
She mentioned that she will be cancelling our existing visas as she was issuing new visas.
She wished us Good Luck and asked us to collect our Visas at 12:30pm.

I got my green card 13 months. Labour applied feb1st,2002 and approved June15 , I-140 applied aug25 and approved oct7th, I 824 applied nov 1st week and after that My lawyer send the all papers to counslate(AC-140) .Interview 19th Feb2003

Port of entry march 04 (LAX)and welcome letters received on march 20th and Plastic cards recived on 29th march.

Please feel free to shoot any questions. I learn everything from this form only.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
ac140

congrats. were you in eb2 or eb3. how long did it take to get 824 receipt. thanks

Congrats!

1. On the recent most publication at Mumbai website, they no longer say that one is eligible to apply for Immigrant Visa under AC140 if you have had prior visa stamps from the consulate. Instead, they say that one has to be a resident from the eligible consular districts for that consulate. I am not sure if this is a change in the policy or if this is what they have been saying from the beginning although they accept applications based on just prior stamping.
2. Is it possible to send in all the required documents except 824 receipt and get a prilimnary determination whether or not they accept the case?
If they say they accept, then I can file 824 and send in the reciept.

If you do not mind please contact me at dev28@yahoo.com. Thanks.
Originally posted by LFG
Friends,
Completed successful CP at Mumbai on 19st Feb 2003.Here are the details.

Entered consulate at about 8:30am, allowed. Paid $335*3 at counter #1, as ours was a AC-140. We were asked to wait in front of counter #10. There were majority of Family Based cases, as mentioned in the forum we were called at about 10:30am, a wait of about 2 hours. We were called at counter #12. The guy behind the counter was a trainee. Asked for original DS-230 Part I, we explained to him that it was included as part of Packet 3 and a photo copy should be sufficient. He then consulted some other guy and he explained to him that a photo copy should be okay.
Following are the documents asked-
1. DS 230 Part I & II
2. Birth Certificate
3. Marriage Certificate
4. PCC
5. Medical Reports.
6. Employment Verification Letter plus photo copy which will be attached to your dependents file.
7. Passports
8. 3 Photographs, you will be asked to sign across the pictures, the signatures should not be over the face.

Same documents for spouse with the addition of I-134.

It is helpful if these documents are taken as two seperate bunch so that you dont have to search through the folders that you carry.Space at the counter is limited. Submitting the documents took about 20 minutes.

There was a desi man and a American lady, American lady asked us whether we can speak English, replied Yes Maam, we were asked to Raise our Right Hand and take oath.

After that, we were asked to sign DS-230 Part II, she asked the name of the company and my qualifications, when they ask for qualifications, i guess they want to know what kind of work do you do for the company, i.e job responsibilities.
She mentioned that she will be cancelling our existing visas as she was issuing new visas.
She wished us Good Luck and asked us to collect our Visas at 12:30pm.

I got my green card 13 months. Labour applied feb1st,2002 and approved June15 , I-140 applied aug25 and approved oct7th, I 824 applied nov 1st week and after that My lawyer send the all papers to counslate(AC-140) .Interview 19th Feb2003

Port of entry march 04 (LAX)and welcome letters received on march 20th and Plastic cards recived on 29th march.

Please feel free to shoot any questions. I learn everything from this form only.

Thanks.

LFG- please share your experience...

hoping to get some clear answers from someone who has suucessfully done ac-140 before.....

i have a pending 485, and i just received the approval for my 140. both are in CSC.

i would like to file for an AC-140 procedure at Mumbai instead, and i understand that the first step is to file an I-824 in CSC.

since the 140 was an application filed by my company, do they need to file the 824, with me listed as the beneficiary? the form's instructions are very confusing. or can i simply file the form myself, without my company's involvement?

part 1 states "information about the person that filed the original application or petition". that clearly is my company. but then they would need to file and sign this form, not me.

in part 3, they ask for "if the petition was filed for another person, give the following information about them", and it asks for name/dob/A#. it looks like my company would fill in my information here since i am the beneficiary of their 140 petition.

however, everyone seems to keep saying "file your 824". that confuses me, because the 824 is being filed to change something about a petition filed by my company (the 140 for which i was the beneficiary, but NOT the applicant), so intuitively, it seems to me that my company should be filing the 824.

could 2-3 people who have successfully filed the 824 and have successfully completed their AC-140 please clarify this matter once and for all for the benefit of the whole forum.

thanks!