succesful interview on Dec 12. POE at LA

justaskforks

Registered Users (C)
Here are the details of the process.

Immigration photos - Kumar studios.

medical - went to Dr. Shakuntla Dawesar in bhikaji kama place. Gave 2 passport size photos with appointment letter & passport. She gave 2 shots (MMR & tetnus). blood test was done in green park & the xray were done at jorbagh. The medical reports were given next evening.

Take the earliest appointment. I went at 8.45am & the medical including blood test & xray were done by 10.30am. Green park & jorbagh are very close & bood test & xray office are easy to locate.

PS:Dr. dawesar\'s office is closed from 1-4pm.

Interview: Met patta_hara, bay2k at the embassy. The interview couldn\'t have been simpler. No questions were asked. The following docs were given:
DS 230 I
DS 230 II
Birth certificate (copy)
Employment letter
IRS 9003
medical report (no xray)

The consular was courteous. She informed me that after today\'s interview, one can still get married in india, come with wife & get her papers as well. Otherwise once entered in US, it\'ll take about 4-5 yrs to get spouse\'s GC.

For some reason, I & bay2k didn\'t get our papers on the same day but we were given the next day.

I didn\'t know INS has an office in american embassy in Delhi. I found this from a lady who had come for her GC. Her husband is a US citizen.

POE: I arrived in LA yesterday. Stood in the citizens/residents queue. The immigtration officer asked me to go to another counter. Another officer made me sign a document & took print of right index finger on 2 places. After some waiting, he handed over my passport showing me the stamp (I-155). He asked me to expect the card in 6-8 months. I was surprised he didn\'t take the xrays.

Police certificate: The consular told me PCC is needed from Jan. If you lived in US, PCC from indian embassy will do otherwise get PCC from your native place. My suggestion is to get it from both places.

Medical

Is Dr. Dawesar associated with a hospital, or has a private practice? Is she approved by the consulate? I thought the only places we could get the medicals done were - Hinduja, Lilavati, and Breach Candy.

Congrats ! on successful completion of the CP process

Pls. help in validating the Medical and set of documents to be carried...Originals / copies etc....I have possible feb schedule in Delhi

Thx for your help....

How to Get IRS 9003 -- PLEASE ADVISE

I called the IRS today and the lady on the phone was not familiar with the IRS 9003 form. Could you (or someone else) please advise what this form is and what do I need to communicate to the IRS to get the relevant document/information. I do have copies of the Tax Returns I filed for 1998,99 & 2000. Do I still need this IRS 9003 form? I appreciate any and all help I can get on this.

Congrats -it was good to meet you on Dec 12th

Am glad all went well for you. What was the holdup issue?

We will be entering US on Dec 29th.