substitution of existing labor

AIndian

Registered Users (C)
Hi Friends,

A company in pitts has offered me a job & also said that they would file my I-140 directly by using existing labor certificate (which matches my skill set) of one of their employee who left the company after getting labor approval...I really can\'t believe this...is that possible or they just lying to me...

Please help me with ? so that I will decide weather to go with them or not...

Thanks

It is possible

It is very much possible,If you have a project in hand, that you can convert to their company they can do it.
Actually if you have a project in hand... that you can have signed by any company then let me know ,i can get you a similar deal that too with a reputed and huge US company.

Yes, In fact i have filed my 140 using a substitute

I have filed it in California in nov and that got transfered to vermont because my residence is in that jurisdiction

i am waiting for the 140 to be approved and my attorney had handled similar cases in the past...and got them approved also.

sn iyer

No Title

My 140 will be applied in a week in a california. I am applying through labor substitution. I am currently on a project in Kentucky.
Why does your case is transfered to Vermont? Is your company or you are located in the Vermont jurisdiction. Please let me know.

i live in virginia which is under vermont

but my attorney said that it was a mistake on california center\'s part.

since vermont is better on the 140 waitlists, my attorney decided not to disturb the process.

in reality the rule is that the 140 shd be filed where one\'s company address is and not where the applicant lived.