Stuck In Ottawa since May5

amitamitamit

Hi guys:

Wondering if anyone else is in the same boat. I appeared for my H1b interview on May 5th. New job. everything went of smoothly with the staff at the consulate being very nice. I was give the receipt and told to collect my passport at 3pm. However as I was walking out I was called back and told that I had a name hit and my case will require additional processing. Since that day I have called DOS many a times. std response = pending. Sent numerous emails/ faxes to FBI. Havent heard back from anyone. And heard back from the consulate last week telling me that name check takes 1 month at a minimum with some cases taking 3 months or more. Today is my 40th day and already I have spent $$$$$ of dollars.

Wondering if anyone is in the same boat as me here in Ottawa. Perhaps we could swap steps taken.

Amit Kumar

Same case here

Hi Amit, My name is also Amit kumar and my case went in pending status because of name match. I want to know how much time they took for your clearance ? What have you done ? If the delay more then i may loose my job.

Please help me.

Thanks
Amit