Stuck in Nogales 21st August

a_jadi

Registered Users (C)
I came to Nogales for my H1 B revalidation. I am stuck in Nogales for 221g. Is there anybody in Nogales just like me. I am staying at Fre Marcos hotel - room number 206. I also want to know if I can get mexican permit now and how? Please advice.

a_jadi ,

Sorry to hear about you. I hope, you will get your stamp soon.

what was the reason for delay?
what is it a H1-H1 revaldation?
for which year of H1 were you trying to get revaldation?

Please do reply.

Thanks,
VivekS

VivekS

It is H1 to H1 stamping.
This is my 7th year.

I am still not sure why they have asked me to stay. She asked me few questions regarding my job & my company and then told me that I need to stay here for few weeks. Though my comapny is multinational and pretty well known, I guess she never heard about it.

All the best for your visa appt.

a_jadi said:
I came to Nogales for my H1 B revalidation. I am stuck in Nogales for 221g. Is there anybody in Nogales just like me. I am staying at Fre Marcos hotel - room number 206. I also want to know if I can get mexican permit now and how? Please advice.

Sorry to hear that. Did they ask more information about your documents, job etc..?

As per my info, you don't need Mexican VISA to comeback to US. Just stay in the hotel don't go beyond 10miles or so because if you need Mexican VISA if you planning to roam around.

dropped plan to go to nogales

As I can not afford to get stuck ( in a contracting job, can lose job if get stuck for a week or two). I have dropped the idea to go to nogales. I am planning to go to Bahamas in november or december.

Re-enter with valid 797

Will he be able to re-enter to US with a valid I-797 if needed?

Thanks

tried entering with valid 797 - nope

Depends on the border officials. I have heard cases where they are lenient. I am sitting in Matamoros waiting on security clearance. My VO advised me to go to the border and talk to the officials. I did they looked through my documents and said since I do not have a valid H1 visa stamped before I appeared for the interview I would not be able to enter. Well am going to try one more time..hoping on lady luck.

stuck in Matamoros cos of arrest record (DWI)

I am stuck in Matamoros because of DWI in my records.

texancanadian said:
Guys who got stuck:

What is your nationality ?
Do you have Muslim sounding name ?

Hi depthcharger,
How long did it take for you to know about the dwi?
when did you apply for visa?
when did they tell you hear from consulate next time?

I am in Noglaes since 21st aug. still haven't heard anything from consulate. Wondering how long it takes for this clearance. I don't have any tickets or DUIs.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
got clearance

Finally got my visa clearance and stamp on sept 8th.

Applied (Nogales, MX) : 21st aug
Clearance email from consulate: 7th sept
Visa stamp : 8th sept

My previous visas : F1 and 2 other H1Bs. This was for my 7th yr extension.

My work: software
Company: anyone who has ever used a cell phone or a calculator will know my company name. So it is very well known and thus company size or reputation was not a factor in sending me for clearance. I don't have a muslim name and i am from india.

My personal advice based on my experience: If you can not afford to spend time out of US, do not go for stamping. There is no guideline on what is the likelyhood of you being subjected to clearance. It is pretty random and completely depends on the visa officer interviewing you. I tried several ways to get back to US, like talking to border people and stuff, but no use. You could be lucky but chances are *extremely* slim...

I am not advising against going to MX/Canada for visa. Most people do get the visa easily. But don't go if, for any reason like family or medical or job, you just can not afford to be out of the US for a long time.

Thanks to all the people on the various forums who gave me information about their experience while they were stuck in similar situations.

Best Luck

Hey, Congrats :)

I too think your case could be random.

Is it your first H1B stamping on passpot? If not, where did u get the H1 stamping last time?

Also some semiconductor/nuclear jobs needs special verification. Heard it somewhere but not sure.

Thanks. I had two previous H1 stamps - one from Vancouver, canada and one from Mumbai. Those were for my previous company though. This was the first stamp for my new company.

pstvak said:
Hey, Congrats :)

I too think your case could be random.

Is it your first H1B stamping on passpot? If not, where did u get the H1 stamping last time?

Also some semiconductor/nuclear jobs needs special verification. Heard it somewhere but not sure.

Not sure what is that. I tried getting a B1 visa but the consulate said I can not apply for B1 visa while my H1 visa is being processed. Not sure if that is really true or if they were just bluffing...

sfguy said:
Is it possible to come back on a C1 Transit Visa? :)