Stuck in namecheck and got cleared recently? Please post your timeline and experience

rajeshch

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I noticed that a lot of the members including me on this forum have finished their AOS interview but not been approved because of the namecheck result. Can people who had the similar experience but got their namecheck cleared recently please post their experiences and timelines to give the people still stuck some hope that things are being processed.

Thanks in advance for your time

A friend of mine who had his interview in Oct 2003 just got his conditional card in mail last week.

I am still awaiting my FBI name check clearance, my interview was in Aug 2005.

nielsen said:
A friend of mine who had his interview in Oct 2003 just got his conditional card in mail last week.

My interview was on october 24th. FBI was supposed to be presently working on clearing up 2002/2003 pending cases. So according to what you are saying , that may be true then

Wait now. Something isn't right. If someone had his interview in Oct 2003 and just got his greencard last week, one has to assume that he had been married for more than 2 years. Does the fact that he was given a conditional green card mean that the approval date is the interview date? I was under the impression that the approval date would have been when the FBI name check came back. Can someone explain this to me?

Thanks

nielsen said:

yes, I need the answer, because I ve been waiting since 2003 for the name check and if they give me the conditional GC, I will have to visit the office again.

nielsen said:

it should not be conditional GC anymore. ask your friend to complain to USCIS.
does removing the condition require a fee? if yes, how much?

Canadian Citizen married to USC, Country of origin Cameroon.

AOS Notice date 9/27/04.
11/21/04 - EAD approved
01/12/05 - AP Approved
23/06/05 - Got interview letter for date 10/3/05
Interview Date 10/3/05 - Approved pending FBI namecheck.
10/5/05 - Applied for EAD/AP renewal
11/25/05 - Got notification that AP case was sent to Philadelphia DO
11/27/05 - Got fingerprint notice for next week 12/15/05
12/09/05 - Got email case has been approved and a new card as been ordered.

I guess, the AP and EAD fingerprinting appointment are moot. But I would still like to show up if i don't get card before next Thursday. My question to the gurus here is the following: Should I show up?

belle said:
it should not be conditional GC anymore. ask your friend to complain to USCIS.
does removing the condition require a fee? if yes, how much?