Strategy when calling IIO

suresh_colo

Registered Users (C)
Folks,

Let me know what you think about this strategy.

When you call IIO, give a LIN number from an October/2001 RD case that has been approved.
(Someone was running scripts to find LIN numbers approved for I-485.)

Then they will have to tell you "It says the case is approved"

Then you ask him/her: "Wow, aren't you guys approving August 1st cases?" ... 'cause that's the BS we hear everytime we call.

Ya definitely good one why don't you give it a try!

First of what all you will achieve, This is INS not your cable TV or Cell
Phone customer Service where you can play these dirty games by
Involving your friends.

Not only you everybody is frustrated here (I bet even the person whose ND was yesterday).

Have Patience. Some day you will be singing and drinking.

I am just putting my thought not trying to provoke you...

Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL...nice try suresh_colo. But you don't wanna do that. Everyone's on the same boat. May cause more headaches to everyone waiting...

pissing off the IIOs will do nothing to

expedite r cases..it might make it worse,as the need is ours,not theirs..dont forget that.
so they dont care one way or the other whether u get ur GC now or 100 years from now,and why should they...it's just a paycheck for them.
as for situations being bad,my spouse and I are living separately (in different States) just becos of this GC crap..
so we are all in r diff troubled zones...
We can all hang in there and wait...
pissing each other (yeah folks,let's not do the dog eat dog thing here while we wait) or the IIOs will exacerbate matters...
but again..these r my thots....
Hang in there buddy...hang in...
take one day at a time..that's what I am doing..Get ur spouses nice stuff for Valentine's Day..even if u dont believe in that ,just for the heck of it..a bear,balloons,candy and kisses always makes anyone feel better

NSC and all other INS is off on Monday,17th Feb 2003 for Presidents Day.

cheers
JAck

Man, Jack, looks like we are both in the same boat, spouses in 2 different states.

My better half is 3000 miles away and this is driving me nuts! I don't know how long more I can go on like this....:(

Unless -

You know the name and birth date of the case you are inquiring , they are not supposed to give you any information .

Assuming, they did not inquire and told you the status, your sarcasm may affect the person you are pretending to be.

Why do you want to put some one's life in jeopardy! Instead, why don't you just call them and ask them the reason for processing Oct , prior to Aug and Sep? You don't have to give your Lin no. for general enquiry! That way - your case will not be affected and you will not be putting some else also in trouble.

I hear u BP* bud...

man..this kills me..in fact one of us is in the East Coast,and the other in the West Coast..so I have become the "bitter" half :(
as for enquiring with IIOs,gosh I dont know how asking them even generally wd make a difference..as I said they dont care..so why bother??
I am going to plan a Valentine's evening with my better half,and take it from there..it sucks..I mean how much tv can someone watch ,rt??
oh well..c'est la vie...

Cheers mate..we r indeed in the same boat....let's hope it stays afloat
JAck