Strange update - after 485 approval

tpp_1

Registered Users (C)
Our cases were approved about a month back (01/30/2004). We got our passports stamped. I checked online status to see if the cases were updated for plastic cards. It still shows "I-485 approved" for me and my wife. But to my surprise, my daughter case is updaed as follows

"On February 23, 2004, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to an office in LINCOLN, NE for processing. Our office in LINCOLN, NE will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office. Please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283 to receive information about local office processing times."

But including my daughter, we all got our passports stamped already. This change is after we got our passports stamped.

We initially applied at Nabraska, but we had an address change, so it was transfered to texas and we got our approvals from texas only.

Has anyone experienced this strange thing. should I be contacting INS or lawyer on this or just ignore??

Please let me know,
tpp

Last edited by a moderator:
Was your daughter approved and stamped with you ? If yes then :) have fun. Else you need to fax or send them letter (pref thru attorney) requesting approval for your daughter

We were all approved at the same time and got our passports stamped at the same time. This update is after our passport stamping.

Any Idea on this,

My lawyer told me to just ignore it. BCIF told me to write a letter to Nabraska. I don't want to compilcate it by writing, What do you guys suggest.

Thanks,
tpp

I would suggest to wait for your family's actual physical card. If that comes fine, you got nothing to worry about. Or you can go down to your local office and check it out.

Have fun

Just have a drink(or two) and relax. As your attorney said, Ignore it!

Why are you still checking your case statuses??? Just curious.

If I was you, After GC, I would not even think of INS until the time for Citizenship. :D

Don't be concerned with the online message. Its often not correct anyways.

I know someone who's status is "Response to RFE Received", but there was never an RFE issued. The person called BCIS about it, BCIA sees that an RFE was never sent, and they said to send a fax to TCS. Lawyer said to ignore it, since both BCIS and TCS know there was never an RFE issued, and the IIO probably just changed the status on the wrong case number by accident. Some other person probably replied to their RFE, but thier status probably never changed, since the IIO screwed up.

Bottom line...don't sweat it....you got your stamp.

Congrats!

ignore it

once they have stamped ur passport all legal formalities are completed. I dont think they can come back and say hey we need to look at all this again unless it is something grave like criminal . so dont worry.
One thing you need to do- Drink wine every night good for your heart:D ;) :p :)