Strange RFE

new1234

I need your suggestions on the following case.

My case is - I applied for I-485 for my family. My Spouse also applied for I-485 for family thru his/her employment. Now INS is asking us to withdraw one of the I-485 cases we filed. I lost my job recently. Mine is a WAC-02-040 case and my spouse's is WAC-02-125-case. Here are my questions

1. If I withdraw my case, will they process my spouse's case immediately?

2. If I withdraw can I activate it again, if my spouse's case gets into some kind of issue?

God knows how INS works, our attorneys are not able to predict what is going to happen. We do not want to go down the queue by withdrawing my case. So, frustrating ....

Thanks,

COOOOOOOOOOOlWater

1. I don't think so....you go down the queue and they will pick it up when they process 02-125 series....This is my guess...I think now they do a name check on all applications and they would have found out you'd also applied thru' your spouse.....

2. Nope...you got to apply again....

Why do you think you'll have issues going forward with your spouse's 485 other than getting delayed? 'cause with the facts you've given, it looks safer to go with your spouse's 485...

You can't blame INS in this case. You can not have two 485 in process (you cannot get two green cards).