STRANGE passport stamping experience

mua marjana

Registered Users (C)
I went to get my passport stamped in Denver. The lady at the counter called Nebraska (no idea why) perhaps to check on my case?; anyhow after speaking to someone in the Nebraska office she told me INS mailed out a wrong letter(??) to me so she could not stamp my passport.

But she had me sign and finger print on the I-82? form. She also took my I-94. I found this all very strange; any thoughts?

What kind of reciept u recieved

did it mention approved and following documents required ....

what is the time gap of ur ND and AD

Details Please

I\'m going for stamping on wednesday at chicago ins office. I just wanted to know why you had issue with the pp stamping?.

Mine : ND - Sep 21 2000, AP - Feb 27th 2002. Delayed b\'coz I140 approved for CP.

ARN123.

The letter said

the case was approved and I should bring the documents (passport, photo, departure record) to the local INS office, which is what I did.

Then there should be no problem

Talk to your lawyer & call IIO also. May be that lady did some mistake.

Good Luck

Achiever

IIO..

IIO is immigration information officer. You can call NSC at 402-323-7830. This number is extremly busy. So I would suggest you to call early morning between 7:30 AM- 8:00 AM (NSC Nebraska time).

If you don\'t get the number keep redialing. SOmetimes it takes continuous redialing for 1 or 2 hours to get the line.

You can talk to IIO & tell him the situation. Also what about your lawyer?

Achiever

I don\'t think I can be of much help with your question

I really have no idea what went wrong with my stamping. Good luck

Sorry, I can\'t clearly remember the dates.

I think ND was May 2, 2001 and AD was Feb 22, 02 but I could be wrong.

according to your ND

That lady suspected, ur case might have approved early than expected (did you see any body approved during your ND date)

Please post your details

Hi,

Please post your details such as Receieve Date, Notice Date, Country, EB category, Finger Printing date etc. Without details it is hard to say something meaningful.

Achiever

details

Receipt Number: LIN-01-169-XXXXX
Priority Date: Sep 13, 2000
Receipt Date: April 19, 2001
Notice Date: May 7, 2001
I-485 approved on Feb 22, 2002
EB2 NIW, India

Did you call IIO?

Please call IIO & tell him the situation. Also visit your local INS again & ask them what has happened & What you should do.

Do you have a lawyer?

Achiever

I would say, go back to get it stamped again and please keep us poseted!

I am going for my pp stamping this week.

no update

No progress yet; I am waiting for the new 485 letter. The Automated system still has me approved so I am hoping for the best.Will keep you posted.